Reiza Simracing Bonanza - Crowdfunding Campaign succeed! InDemand period now closing

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Today we are very pleased to announce the start of our crowdfunding campaign. This campaign intends to raise a complementary budget for continuing developing Game Stock Car Extreme & Formula Truck 2013 further, allowing Reiza Studios to best exploit the resources we now have for a substantial short-term evolution.

While there are limits as to what can be done on the short term, we believe our current sims still provide an extremely realistic & satisfactory driving experience and a great platform for both online & offline racing. Our objective is to strengthen this platform for our users to enjoy over the next year and a half while we focus on the development of our new game.

Click here to help us take our racing sims to the next level and see a full breakdown of all the details!

The Indiegogo campaign runs from today, June 25th to July 25th. There is plenty of information to be digested - please have a careful read and let us know if you have any questions in the comments below.

Important notice!

We have decided to give steam keys (or NonSteam serial numbers) to contributors opting in for perks which include digital copies of Stock Car Extreme and/or Formula Truck 2013 right away, rather than at the end of the campaign.

Please contact us at sales@reizastudios.com with the email used for your contribution, specifying your options (which games, and what platform).

Update 2:

Due to some confusion regarding what "access to beta builds" refer to, we have elected to make some additions which will add value to backers from all levels from 2 upwards - they are:

Levels 2, 3 & 4 will now grant backers early access to upcoming beta builds of Stock Car Extreme & Formula Truck 2013, (provided you already have the games or elect to get them within your perk level);

Levels 5 and upwards (except for level 10) will grant early access to beta builds of Stock Car Extreme & Formula Truck, AND also for the next game (Q4 2016).

We cannot edit the perks to include the new info since the campaign is already in progress, so please take this under consideration when making your contribution.

Important: Beta builds will only be accessible via STEAM - We will provide further information on how to access the betas upon their release, as well as instructions for NonSteam users willing to get on Steam for this purpose.

Update 3 - More Good News!

Thanks to the 367 backers who together have funded 36% of the goal so far, we are very happy to confirm the following upcoming additions:

SuperV8 (for GSCE);

Mitsubishi Lancer Cup (for GSCE);

Montreal modern (for GSCE & FTruck);

Velo Cittá (for GSCE & FTruck).

As per previous information, all backers from the campaign will earn early access to these developments as they reach beta status. The content will later be added to the release versions of the games for all to enjoy.

Updated 4 - SuperV8 sound teaser!

As previously confirmed, thanks to everyone who has already contributed we have already been able to confirm some fresh new content for Stock Car Extreme - one of which the much antecipated SuperV8. Listen to it roar!

All backers from level 2 upwards will enjoy early access to beta builds to try out the new content before official release. Should not be long now!

Look foward to further instructions as to how you can access beta builds in an upcoming update.

Update 5 - Tire pickup & flatspotting demonstration

A demonstration of some neat stuff we have been working on - tire dirt pick-up from running off track & flatspotting. Here you can see how these will cause visible damage to the tires and notice the actual physical effect of this damage, as the flatspots provokes some violent vibration down the straights.

The depth of the flatspot on the tire is a function of the tire softness, load as well as how long it dragged along the road during the wheel lock-up. The tire will then round up again and the ride smooth out, as the rubber around the flatspot gradually wears off.

These functionalities are currently implemented externally and only for the player´s car - one of our goals with the campaign is to fully integrate them into the codebase for AI & multiplayer to bring the dynamics of tire management & behavior to another, far more realistic level.

Speaking of dynamics, we´re also pushing to confirm another fundamental element of real racing into our list of coding goals within the campaign´s budget - watch this space!

Since there is no such thing as too much goodness, this video also gives a glimpse of our new modern Montreal track - already confirmed as future free additions for both Stock Car Extreme & Formula Truck thanks to all those who already contributed with our crowdfunding campaign!

Update 11 - Campaign ends, but continues InDemand

With 124% raised in an amazing final stretch over the last week, Reiza SimRacing Bonanza has proven a success beyond our best expectations!

We want to sincerely thank all backers not only for your contribution, but also for your confidence and enthusiasm towards our work.

Given the success of the campaign in hitting its target and the ongoing demand from people willing to participate, Indiegogo has offered us the option to continue running it InDemand - that means people willing to participate, or upgrade their contribution level will still be able to do so for an undetermined period of time.

This will also allow us to offer some extra additions & rewards along the way, so keep an eye out!

We remind all backers (current and future) to please allow a few days for us to compile all the information and submit your keys (for those of you who have not already actively requested them).

Be reminded also that all campaign backers can now join us in our special Reiza 51 devforum in Racedepartment. Please allow us 24h after your contribution for access to be granted.

If you have any questions or run into any trouble, please give us a shout at support@reizastudios.com .

Let me thank you all once again in name of the whole Reiza team for your incredible support. We will continue hard at it, pushing to meet your best expectations!

Update 12 - It´s perk time!

After some very hectic days at the office, we’re now able to start sending contributors the digital rewards for the perks you have chosen!

Contributors Level 2 and up should already have received beta keys for Stock Car Extreme, and contributors Level 1 and up should already have access to Reiza 51 dev forum at RaceDepartment. If you somehow haven’t received these rewards yet, please check your spam folder. If they're not there, please write us atsupport@reizastudios.com and we’ll sort it out.

However, for some of the other perks, we require further information from you. Please check the list below, and write us at sales@reizastudios.com with your choices (in case you haven´t done it already):

If you have a Level 3 contribution: you need to choose between a key for Stock Car Extreme or Formula Truck 2013, and whether you’d like a Steam or a non-Steam key;

If you have a Level 4 contribution: you need to choose between keys for (1) both Stock Car Extreme and Formula Truck 2013, or (2) our next game without DLC. If you choose option (1), please also inform us whether you’d like Steam or non-Steam keys. If you choose option (2), there’s no need to write – if we don’t hear from you in a month, we’ll assume your choice is for our next game;

If you have a Level 5 contribution: you need to choose between keys for (1) Stock Car Extreme, Formula Truck 2013 and our next game without DLC, or (2) our next game with all DLC. If you choose option (1), please also inform us whether you’d like Steam or non-Steam keys. If you choose option (2), there’s no need to write – if we don’t hear from you in a month, we’ll assume you want our next game with all DLC;

If you have a Level 6 contribution: you need to let us know whether you’d like Steam or non-Steam keys;

For all contributors Level 6 and up, please check if your shipping address is correct. We’ll start sending the physical rewards in September.

If you have any questions at all about the rewards, don’t hesitate to write us at support@reizastudios.com

Once again, thank you all so much for the incredible support!

Update 13 - Bonus track project open for nominations!

As proposed in the campaign, part of our upcoming developments is the production of a bonus car* & track, as voted by backers.

The initial round for deciding this upcoming bonus track is now open - specifically on this thread in the Reiza 51 Dev forum, all backers have the opportunity to nominate which bonus track they would like us to develop for GSCE / FTruck2013.

At the end of this nomination period, another thread with a poll featuring all valid nominations in alphabetical order will be created, where level 2 and up backers will be able to vote for their favorite choices.

The track nomination with most votes in the poll will be the chosen bonus track!

All backers are welcome to propose their nomination until August 31st (please make sure to observe nomination rules first).

*The bonus car nomination will also be launched shortly.

If you for some reason haven’t received information about Reiza 51 forum access, please first check your spam folder. If you still can´t find it, write us at support@reizastudios.com so we can look into it for you.

FINAL CALL! After the original campaign end in July 25th, we elected to keep it open "InDemand" as recommended by Indiegogo, for those who might still eventuallly be willing to participate.

After running it "inDemand" over the past few months, time has finally come to shut it down this coming friday 27/11, while we focus on finishing up the items proposed with the campaign, along with some extra new developments we hope to share with you all soon :)

Up until friday 27/11 it will remain open for newcomers, so if anyone out there is still interested in joining in and collecting some cool perks along with it, make sure to hurry up!

Attachments

• Join now.jpg
    Join now.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 887
Last edited:
So they cant get any cents right now even already has $9,306USD ?? Must wait 15 days after the campaign ?? Then my next question will be why so ??
I mean who hold their money ??
Thanks first.

Indiegogo does, and they are a reputable crowdfunding website so there should be no worries with regards to the funds eventually reaching us :)

Query for Reiza:

So with the addition of automatic steering lock and what not to the game will this preclude the current ability to drive any car with any lock and rotation combination? I really personally love that flexibility we have right now.

It will lock the rotation, but you will still be able to adjust steering ratio by adjusting the steering lock.

Mind you that´s is how we´re designing it now - it could be that we include an option to adjust steering rotation from the garage.

So they cant get any cents right now even already has $9,306USD ?? Must wait 15 days after the campaign ?? Then my next question will be why so ??
Thanks first.

This is how most crowdfunding sites work (Kickstarter, Indiegogo, etc.). The money is held by the site and is only released after the campaign ends. Note that people are free to cancel their pledge while the campaign is running, if they want. Usually those campaigns are an "all-or-nothing" deal (that is, if the campaign doesn't reach its goal, all the money is refunded to the users and the campaign gets nothing). This isn't the case with Reiza's, though, since it's "flexible funding". That means that they'll get whatever they're able to raise, even if it's below the $78k.

But it's going to raise more than that, right guys? Right? Right?

Quick Q: it may seem a bit picky, but Level 5 states "OR Steam copy for next game including eventual DLCs", and Level 6 says "Steam copy for our next game (including all eventual DLCs); Reiza Sticker".

Does Level 5 grant access to "all" eventual DLCs, or that difference is there on purpose, like stating that Level 5 would grant access to some of the DLCs?

I know it is all contingent, and who knows what the future will bring, but just to be certain.

Thanks!

It will lock the rotation, but you will still be able to adjust steering ratio by adjusting the steering lock.

Mind you that´s is how we´re designing it now - it could be that we include an option to adjust steering rotation from the garage.
I would very much appreciate such an option because as an end user choices are always better than no choices, particularly if the choices do nothing to harm anybody's preferred choice.

Thanks first.

If you want to know more about Indiegogo and how campaigns work, I suggest you start reading on their website: https://www.indiegogo.com/learn-how-to-raise-money-for-a-campaign

There is a lot of information there, I'm sure it will answer all your questions.

Indiegogo does, and they are a reputable crowdfunding website so there should be no worries with regards to the funds eventually reaching us :)

I think a lot of people will be happy to have it automatic, but I really hope that we can always adjust both the steering lock and degrees. I doubt I am alone in wanting this flexibility.

Went level 4 + a bit extra to make it closer to a retail-amount, looking forward to how this goes. Does the campaign need to be completed before the dev forums open ?

Mentioned this over at GTPlanet, and will probably bug the mods to include it in their 'rewind' thing, should help exposure.

Thanks first.

Indiegogo holds the money until the end, that way if they're not successful, the money gets returned to donators, or so I'm led to believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though...

Indiegogo holds the money until the end, that way if they're not successful, the money gets returned to donators, or so I'm led to believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though...

That's incorrect. As I said above, Reiza's campaign is a "flexible funding" one, where Reiza keeps all the money pledged, even if the goal isn't met. This is less common than a simple fundraiser, where the money is indeed returned if the project is unsuccessful.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%