1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Reiza, please fix Game Shield

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by LotsaBS, Oct 19, 2012.

1. LotsaBS

LotsaBS

Ratings:
    +1
    Dear Reiza:

I purchased GSC months ago, have not reconfigured my PC since. Periodically, when attempting to start GSC I get the deactivation window asking me to either purchase the sim or enter my serial number. Normally, I am able to enter my serial number and go on my way, but after entering my serial number earlier today I get the message "Connection to CheckPoint server has failed. Please contact your vendor for assistance." Obviously I have a good internet connection or I wouldn't be writing this...

Reiza, You have created one of the best sims ever. I understand the need to copy protect the sim, but this is getting out of hand. Please get this fixed. It is VERY frustrating to your customers.

And yes, I have emailed support@reizastudios.com, but have not received any response as of yet. ARRRRGH!

2. oppolo

oppolo

Ratings:
    +31
    this is a strange issue, I have not to enter my serial anymore, only the first time

3. LotsaBS

LotsaBS

Ratings:
    +1
    Still getting the same error and no reply yet to my email from support.

4. Italo

Italo

Ratings:
    +8
    Are you using the explicit "Run as administrator" option to run the game ? Try that, even if your user is already an admin.

• Like Like x 2
  5. LotsaBS

LotsaBS

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes

6. LotsaBS

LotsaBS

Ratings:
    +1
    I did hear back from Reiza. They suggested that I verify that I was running as administrator, disable my anti-virus and check windows firewall. I always run GSC as administrator (I also have GSE.exe set to run as administrator in the properties page), disabling my anti-virus made no difference and the 4 entries in windows firewall for gse.exe all show to "allow" Firewall.jpg

Does anyone have any other ideas? I continue to get the Deactivation Notice followed by "Connection to the CheckPoint Server has failed. Please contact your vendor for assistance" when I enter my serial number.

7. oppolo

oppolo

Ratings:
    +31
    is there a new version with mini? have you patched it? what about a fresh reinstall with a fresh downloaded file?

8. LotsaBS

LotsaBS

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes, I downloaded and installed the new version with the mini a few weeks ago when it came out. All worked fine, with the exception of periodic Deactivation Notices every so often (as I mentioned before) that I have always been able to fix by entering my serial number. This time nothing is working at all. Reiza support did say this in their email reply: You may also experience a temporary failure with the checkpoint server, but these usually resolved between one attempt and another. In my case they are not getting resolved. Funny thing is that when I enter my serial number, the Checkpoint Server message pops up immediately, like it doesn't even try to check. I may end up having to try a full uninstall/reinstall, but I am going to wait on reiza support to reply to my emails.

9. LotsaBS

LotsaBS

Ratings:
    +1
    As of today, no reply from Reiza, still getting the error "Connection to CheckPoint server has failed. Please contact your vendor for assistance." HELP!

10. oppolo

oppolo

Ratings:
    +31
  11. LotsaBS

LotsaBS

Ratings:
    +1
    I am running gse.exe as admin and I have even turned off my antivirus with no change. I just heard back from Reiza moments ago and they even provided me with an activation code. It did not work either. Now I will have to uninstall/reinstall.

12. LotsaBS

LotsaBS

Ratings:
    +1
    Got it running after full uninstall/reinstall thanks to Renato's help at Reiza. When entering my serial number I still got the Connection to CheckPoint Server message and instead I had to use the activation code provided by Renato instead. Apparently the Checkpoint server is not working properly, at least from my location in the USA.

13. oppolo

oppolo

Ratings:
    +31
    excuse but are you sure your antivirus is fully deactivated? some antivirus require to manage in the startup and services under msconfig.exe

14. LotsaBS

LotsaBS

Ratings:
    +1
    Please read my last post. I got it working last night. The CheckPoint server was not working but Renato at Reiza provided me an Activation Code and that got it working after an uninstall/reinstall. Thanks for your help.

• Like Like x 1