1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reinstalling the game

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Nick Deeley, Feb 21, 2009.

1. I'm thinking of doing a windoze re-install (format and install again).

I'm going through what i need reinstalling etc, but what about the game? I've installed gtr evo online version, so i have a steam account, although i bought the game from a shop, so i have the dvd. Do i just run the dvd when i need to install it or will it ask for any usernames/passes etc..??
  2. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

If you have good connection speed you can download GTR from steam once you login into steam, go to My Games and install it from there.

Or you can install from the DVD.
  3. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff

I always download Race07 from steam despite having the DVD, I get faster download speeds than I do DVD read speed, plus its a 1-Click-walk-away-from-it job using steam.
  4. So i should have no problems then? so it wont tell me i've already installed it or used the key number or something?
  5. Craig Stevenson

Craig Stevenson
    Premium Member

The serial for the game is tied to your Steam account so as long as you log on and install it to the same account you won't have any problems.

To save time re-installing backup the GCF files then after you have installed Steam copy these back and it should work OK.
  6. Cool..thanks