F1 2013 Reinstalling - Multiple Languages

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
I want to install a second version of f12013 in another folder on another HD, but when I put the CD of the game, it says game already installed.
How can I ido it? Is it possible ?
Many thanks

Personally I move my most commonly used games to a dedicated gaming SSD drive, but it doesn't matter what drive you use.

Once you have moved it, you can create as many f12013 folders as you like, and just rename the folders you want to play with when you need to.

I use Game Save Manager, because within the software there is a 'Steam Mover' application that can move games to another drive. Steam Mover is a misnomer here, because it can move Origin games also, or ANY folder you want.

http://www.gamesave-manager.com/

What Steam Mover does is move the game folder to any other drive, and leaves behind a re-direct, a symbolic link (like a shortcut), which tells the operating system where the real folder is.

In the picture below, you can see my steamapps/common folder where my Steam games are installed on my gaming HDD (F drive). The folders that look like they are shortcut links, are actually symbolic links to those games I have moved to my gaming SSD (X drive).

If I were to click on any of those folders, I would immediately go into the folder on my X drive, but to the operating system it looks like it's still the F drive.

symboliclinks_zpsd7a3e0ff.png~original

If I now click on 'raceroom racing experience' folder, I am taken to that folder on my X drive, but look at the path in windows explorer, it 'thinks' it's still on F drive (circled red).

symboliclinks2_zps3ebe833c.png~original

Here are those games that have been moved to my X drive :-

syboliclinks3_zps3ee38c11.png~original

So to have multiple copies of the game, but on another drive, I would move the base game to that other drive, and then have multiple copies of that folder with different folder names.

So I move the f12013 folder with Steam Mover to my x drive

x:\f12013 <---- Standard Game

Create multiple copies with a different folder name and with different content if I wish, because I am using different mods perhaps. So I end up with this on my X drive (example).

x:\f12013
x:\f12013 - Online mods
x:\f12013 - Offline mods

If I want to play the standard game, then I don't have to do anything. However if I wish to use my offline mods version. I simply rename the f12013 folder to f12013 - Standard, and rename the f12013 - Offline mods folder to f12013. So the 3 folders will now look like this :-

x:\f12013 <<------- this was the f12013 offline mods folder
x:\f12013 - Online mods
x:\f12013 - Standard

As long as you keep track of things, you can created a different driver profile for each folder. So whenever you switch folders, you also switch driver profiles.

f12013 ------->> Driver 1
f12013 - Online Mods ------>> Driver 2
f12013 - Offline Mods ------>> Driver 3

Hope this helps :)

Cheers

Very Kind as always, but my problem is that I have F12013 with italian language, and to install 2014 mod I need english version, so my question is: can I have both versions installed?
Hope to be clear

I don't know much about the language options, but this is what I would try.

I assume that you have the Italian version of the game installed.

1/ Copy your F12013 folder to another drive, rename the folder F12013 - Italian

2/ Start Steam

3/ Right Click on F1 2013 in the game list and select Properties

4/ Click on the Language Tab

5/ Select English as your language and click the Close button

6/ Steam should now update the game with the English Language files.

7/ You could now backup the updated f12013 folder, and rename the backup folder F12013 - English

8/ It might also be worthwhile to open the properties again, click the updates tab. and select 'Do not automatically update this game' from the drop down menu. This might stop the game from downloading the language files every time you change languages.

Let's face it ..... there will not be anymore patches for this game, so auto-update isn't needed.

Now you could move the game to another drive as detailed in the previous post, and then swap in and out the f1 2013 folder containing the different languages when you need to.

So when you want to play in Italian, rename the f12013 - Italian folder to f12013, (and select Italian as your language in Steam?) .... note that I don't know whether you have to change the language in Steam, because you already have the language files, so I would test it without changing the Steam language.

You can test it now without moving anything to another drive yet. Just have the 2 x f12013 folders (f12013 - Italian & f12013 - English) in your steamapps/common folder, and just rename the one you want to use to f12013

I am really confused.
When I update folder f12013 with english language, it's ok, I get english version. But same update occurs in folder that I renamed f12013-italian and in every another f12013 renamed, so that I have only english versions. I can't understand how happens that steam updates every folder with different names.
And more, now every folder contains same profile.
I am going crazy.
Hope in your help.

Last edited:
There is no way that Steam will recognise the renamed folders as being the actual game folder therefore update them

It must be down to your Steam language setting and/or whether you have auto-update turned on or off.

I have done a quick and dirty video for you, the audio is out of sync, and the cursor moves around too quick. My capture program didn't like capturing the desktop with cursor, and a 3D window at the same time, so the frame rate seems to have speeded up.

Anyway, you should get the idea, and you can pause if it goes too fast.

great graham, it's just what I did, but to be sure I disinstalled every thing and reinstalled a new game. I will follow yours suggestions and see what happens.
Anyway thank-you so much

No problem

It is important that you rename the game folder 1st, then you must change the language in Steam.

If you don't change the language to match the language of your game folder, then the game will not run.

If you don't rename the folder 1st, then when you change language, Steam will download the language files.

Cheers :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 248 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.7%
  • < 5 years