F1 2012 Reinstall without deleting from steam/computer!!??

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Is it possible to reinstall the game without having to download it via steam once again?

Steam Library -> Right-click on F1 2012 -> Properties -> Local Files - Verify Integrity

That will basically replace any files that changed since the game has been installed, so it's pretty much the same. It won't delete saved games etc. tho.

Also, you can do backup of your installed Steam games (somewhere in the options/properties, can't remember exactly where) na use IT to install the game, instead of a DVD (slow) or downloading it all over again (in some people's cases this way might be faster than the DVD :D).

That's also a great idea if you want to play on computers which can't access the Steam download servers. For example, I'm allowed to play games at work (during lunch etc.) but downloads are pretty much impossible since Steam changed ports for them. :)

I tend to take a 15 minute lunch break every other year. :p
I take even longer breaks, but I use them to... you know, EAT :rolleyes:
Besides, what kind of PCs do you have there, that you can run games on them (unless they're the 2D, Angry Birds type of games). The 3 year old Dell I got at work can barely juggle running a server and a few Visual Studio solutions :D

I take even longer breaks, but I use them to... you know, EAT :rolleyes:
Besides, what kind of PCs do you have there, that you can run games on them (unless they're the 2D, Angry Birds type of games). The 3 year old Dell I got at work can barely juggle running a server and a few Visual Studio solutions :D

i7 + GTX460 or so. Need it for my job. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%