1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Reducing G27 center deadzone while lowering steering force?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Shovas, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Shovas

Shovas
    Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    In games such as RaceRoom Racing Experience, Race 07, and GTR2, what's the best way to reduce the center deadzone on a G27? I'm trying to feel the road forces better than just the blunt steering forces.

iRacing has a min force which helped eliminate it. What's the equivalent in those games settings or in the Logitech Profiler? I find cranking up the Profiler Overall Effects Strength accomplishes it but I'm wondering if that's the right thing to do?

For Race 07 in the Profiler I have Overall 120%, Spring 0%, Damper 0%, Center Spring Enabled but 0%, 540 degrees rotation, and I've disabled the game adjusting the settings.

Thanks

2. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium

Ratings:
    +2,725
    In the Logitech Profiler:
    Click on Steering Wheel/Properties/Deadzone ?

3. Shovas

Shovas
    Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    Thanks, didn't actually know that existed. It's not actually a traditional deadzone where the wheel doesn't report anything it's more like the game isn't putting out the right forces when they're very small like say on a straightaway. Is the profiler deadzone setting meant to fix that?

4. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium

Ratings:
    +2,725
    You could increase spring centering?

5. Shovas

Shovas
    Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    I tried out the deadzone setting that definitely wasn't it, the wheel really did have a deadzone with that. I expect spring centering will artificially assist the normal forces which I guess would help but I think would mess with road feel. I ended up with Profiler Overall 120% and 80% in game. Not sure it's an improvement. Maybe I'm asking too much of Race 07 FFB ;)