Resource icon

Database Reduced Tyre Wear 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Yeah that was what I was getting at. Even at 25%, (like at Melbourne) driving really easy my tires would still be gone before it was time to pit. I try not to spin my tires and slide much, but I like to race hard also and with this mod I can do that without
worrying about my tires to much.

Just a little update before I stop testing for the day (both because I'm tired and because my PC started acting up), just tested Spa, and the tyre wear is ridiculously low with the setting from the 100% race length database. I will change the value on that one (like for most of the tracks, in fact), but I'll only continue testing tomorrow. I think my pc got tired somehow too. So, yeah. Still, first thing in the morning tomorrow, finish testing, and upload the database here.

I'm interested to see how the tyre wear will look like after all the R&D has been completed. Makes me wonder if scaling it to Grand Prix mode would have benefited us Career players in the long run :/

Regardless, I'm glad to know that their tyre wear probably wont be changed any time soon, making this mod that much more valuable! The last thing I want is for them to patch the game and us having to recalibrate everything! Or rather, Gabby having to recalibrate everything :p

Don't even go there, man. I may have a strong will most of the time, but if something restarts for any reason and I have to start everything from scratch, I kinda have the tendency to quit on the spot.

Oh don't worry I was just playing around. Like I said, the post from Codemasters should be encouraging because it looks like they aren't going to be touching tyre wear on their end any time soon

Oh don't worry I was just playing around. Like I said, the post from Codemasters should be encouraging because it looks like they aren't going to be touching tyre wear on their end any time soon

Yeah, at least that's my one piece of good news for the day (related to this game). Hopefully that tyre wear will last for... until they release then next game. That way, I may be able to make databases for all GP and Career modes :roflmao: (Dreaming here, I'm sure I'll get bored of this eventually.)

The tires are scripted! U can drive smoothie like u want but at the end, u have the same tire destroy effect like 5 rounds pushing (25%)
Not according to Codemasters (masters, LOL, what a joke)... but I tend to believe you, even though they say otherwise. They also say AI is affected by tire wear and that AI is "fully simulated" when you cannot see them on track. I think they just lie.

Hi Gabby... I have tested mod in Australia, and i have a couple of question.
Is correct have 3 pits for AI and i can stop 2 time? I haven't 90 Flashback in your database... Is possibile to make one with 90 flashbacks?
Thanks for all your hard work m8.

After reading that article from CM yesterday I was like: let's try it with the original database (I'm at Catalunya). I can confirm it's TERRIBLE and IMPOSSIBLE to get to lap 8 (that's where the AI starts to pit at 25%). My options last till lap 3 or 4... And I don't drive with an extreme set-up, no sliding whatsoever :s It just don't work in career mode with the original database :s

Hi Gabby... I have tested mod in Australia, and i have a couple of question.
Is correct have 3 pits for AI and i can stop 2 time? I haven't 90 Flashback in your database... Is possibile to make one with 90 flashbacks?
Thanks for all your hard work m8.

Well, since the tyres last longer, I suppose it is pretty normal to be able to do less pit stops than the AI, but, I still recommend to use the default pit stop strategy and stick by it for a decent experience. As for the database, I will update it with the 99 flashbacks when I upload the 25% race length mod. But, do not expect it to work from the first try, flashbacks mods are a pain to get them working.

Something came up and I couldn't test for the past couple of hours. I'll start now.

50% and career mode. I know it has only been tested on 100%, but some people reported it to have been working on 50% as well. Anyway, I decided to race. My super softs wore out after 5 laps and I crashed out, taking five other dirvers with me. Oh, well. :whistling: Anyway, my engineer gave me no information on pit strategys of other drivers, so I suppose, they wouldn't have pitted.

EDIT: I changed tyre wear level to 1 in track_model and the game now offers me a two-stop strategy, so I think I'll go with it.

Last edited:
50% and career mode. I know it has only been tested on 100%, but some people reported it to have been working on 50% as well. Anyway, I decided to race. My super softs wore out after 5 laps and I crashed out, taking five other dirvers with me. Oh, well. :whistling: Anyway, my engineer gave me no information on pit strategys of other drivers, so I suppose, they wouldn't have pitted.

EDIT: I changed tyre wear level to 1 in track_model and the game now offers me a two-stop strategy, so I think I'll go with it.

I guess it's for the best. I'm currently working at the 25% database, then I will go back to making the 100% GP database, so, I'm sorry for leaving the 50% database out for now.

I guess it's for the best. I'm currently working at the 25% database, then I will go back to making the 100% GP database, so, I'm sorry for leaving the 50% database out for now.
Value 1 for Melbourne seems to do the trick for me. Tyres are wearing out nicely and had still some life left in them when I pitted.

So, it seems like Singapore has a rather interesting issue with the tyre wear for super softs. No matter the setting, I can't gain more than 0.5 laps resistance. Only on super softs. The mediums have quite the lifespan. So, as a tip, try not to drift your rear wheels too much.. I have no idea what's with that track, but, it sometimes has a lot of grip, and at others, lower grip than expected... It's really weird...

Last edited:
So, it seems like Singapore has a rather interesting issue with the tyre wear for super softs. No matter the setting, I can't gain more than 0.5 laps resistance. Only on super softs. The mediums have quite the lifespan. So, as a tip, try not to drift your rear wheels too much.. I have no idea what's with that track, but, it sometimes has a lot of grip, and at others, lower grip than expected... It's really weird...

Try not to drift? But I race all my cars like I'm racing in Fast & Furious! :p

Try not to drift? But I race all my cars like I'm racing in Fast & Furious! :p

I know what you mean, I'm not that far either :roflmao: Managed to fix that problem though by fooling the AI and the pit stop strategy so that you will pit one lap sooner. Only Brazil left for testing, by the way.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 97 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 65 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 132 13.7%