Resource icon

Database Reduced Tyre Wear 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
track_tyre_wear_level, change wear_level values to -0.65625 (up), -0.40625 (middle), -0.15625 (bottom)

tyres, change max distance to 12.1 (supersoft), 17.35 (soft), 23.855 (medium, intermediate), 30.365 (hard, monsoon)

track_model, change tyre_wear_level to 3 (Australia), 2 (Bahrain, Spain UK,), 1 (Malaysisa, China, Monaco, Canada, Germany, Hungary, Belgium, Italy, Singapore, Korea, Japan, India, Abu Dhabi, United States, Brazil).

f1teams, change front_tyre_wear and rear_tyre_wear to half their original values.

Thanks, really appreciate this, now I can enjoy your good work

Well, good question Gabby. Without pit stops it isn't fun, but when you can push with an 1 stop strategy while the AI pits 2 times, you gain around 15-20 seconds for free and I think it gives massive advantages to the player. I'm actually driving a Lotus on professional.
What would you suggest?

My perfect solution would be 2 stops for all or 1 stops for all without unfair generic tyre wear.
I guess it isn't possible, is it?

Well, good question Gabby. Without pit stops it isn't fun, but when you can push with an 1 stop strategy while the AI pits 2 times, you gain around 15-20 seconds for free and I think it gives massive advantages to the player. I'm actually driving a Lotus on professional.
What would you suggest?

My perfect solution would be 2 stops for all or 1 stops for all without unfair generic tyre wear.
I guess it isn't possible, is it?

There are actually tracks there I can do that, but, the problem is, the tyres will die as fast as they did before (like, they will last one sector longer, or, at best, two sectors), so, there would be no point to this mod. I guess the overall idea is that I made the tyres last longer, your job is to play with the default pit strategy if you desire a rather decent race. It's either that or Codemasters' tyre wear. Can't help it too much, I'm not a programmer, so, imperfections will exist. Testing every single possibility until I run into the perfect tyre wear/AI pit stops combo would be so time consuming, I don't think I'd be done even when F1 2014 would be released. Hope you understand, and sorry for any inconveniences.

Nah its pretty fine, so I will also pit 2 times, was just asking and reporting, if you we're planning something, to aid you a little bit. Thank you for your work and I can only say sorry for any inconveniences :)

Nah its pretty fine, so I will also pit 2 times, was just asking and reporting, if you we're planning something, to aid you a little bit. Thank you for your work and I can only say sorry for any inconveniences :)

It's cool. I'm currently at Nurburgring with my testing. When I saw your post, it was just after I finished testing the Silverstone track, so, I think I kinda panicked. The perfectionist in me does that sometimes. Anyway, if there's something you can help me with, it would be testing the mod after I post it here and tell me of any irregularities (for example, UK was tested on inters, so, I have no idea if the same 2 pit strategy will work on dry track). Thanks again for the feedback.

I'm currently checking things about at Austin (one of my favorite tracks). I drove for about 7 qualify-esque laps and there's barely tyre wear :D I think those softs will last for ages there :p

I can say that this works great at 25%. I usually don't slide or lock up much, but with this I can let loose and drive hard the whole time between pits. Thanks so much.

The problem is on 25% u only drive 15-20 laps and the super soft i can easly drive 12 rounds without any problems (understeer/oversteer). That's a little bit to mutch with this mod :) .The original tires from Bugmasters stays 6 laps. Maybe 8 1/2 laps on 25% mod would be great!

The problem is on 25% u only drive 15-20 laps and the super soft i can easly drive 12 rounds without any problems (understeer/oversteer). That's a little bit to mutch with this mod :) .The original tires from Bugmasters stays 6 laps. Maybe 8 1/2 laps on 25% mod would be great!

Make that 7 - 8 laps and we have a deal. 25% race length kinda means 25% the longest gain in 100% race, so, just around 2 laps more than CMs resistance, unlike a maximum of 8 laps more in 100% race length. Though, I mostly find myself stuck between 1 lap gain and 3 laps gain, and I usually go for the 3 laps one.

Yeah, I read that, but, you know, some of us (including me) don't plan on going tactical rpg/real-time strategy with a racing game. I'm too casual and bored to drive like a real F1 driver and concern myself with tyre temperature or wheelspin or lifting in corners. I just want to race against a dumb AI and feel undeserved pride in out-racing them, without spending too much time on focusing on anything but braking and turning the car. Also, you know, if people don't want to use this mod, who is forcing them to? It's just a mod after all.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 129 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 100 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 67 6.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 135 13.8%