1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Red Bull To 'Confirm Ricciardo Signing'

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RaceDepartment, Jul 28, 2013.

1. RaceDepartment

Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2013
  2. The expected is happening, now lets see who will fill his position at Toro Rosso.
  3. Maybe Da Costa?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I hope so. :)
  5. He will be a good 2nd driver. Don't exept him to do incredible resuslts and don't even think about a championship.
    For the empty place at Toro Rosso, i would say Ericsson (Gp2) or one of their rookie drivers. I would like to see Bianchi in another team next year, he have potential.
  6. STR 2014.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium Member

8. The problem with this story is that it is taking Sky's broadcasters comments in account. Meanwhile on the BBC they were making smoke about Alonso's management team visiting RB, Vettel say he wants Kimi, Lotus say hes not interested.

Rather short sighted article that also missed the fact that Horner has said Wednesday will be the day they announce something.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium Member

It's clear to me. Horner knows he needs a number 1 and a number 2 . Raikkonen would not be happy playing second fiddle. The owner and vettel know that losing to Kimi could damage vettel s legacy. If they don't,t give Ricardo the seat, people and perhaps future champions are going
    To question the redbull young driver programme. They almost have to give d r the drive. Whilst he never seems to have won anything, I do notice that everytime d r has improved and nearly won a series, he has been moved on to bigger and better things. He could do well. I,m sure he could fill webber,s shoes.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

I fully agree with Andrew, but in addition I suspect that part of the decision may already be made by Kimi. Somehow, I think he has already decided not to move to Red Bull.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. A shame, having Kimi join Red Bull would be very interesting.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. It would be interesting indeed. However, as somebody stated up there, Kimi wouldn't want to be the number two.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Read somewhere that Sainz Jr. have the same management as Alonso.
    • Like Like x 2

14. That's why it would be interesting. :D
  15. Ericsson = Mercedes Junior(Like Bianchi is for Ferrari, it doesn't look like Rigon will get any closer to race a Ferrari)

But actually, Pérez has gone from being a Ferrari Junior to drive for McLaren...
  16. i think Heikki should ghet in the Red bull number 2 seat... but that's just me :p , and don't forget Kamui, he is a good driver, but not sure how he'll be in terms of a supporting number 2 driving.

Ricardo would fit the bill, but i think he needs to up he's game more and be abit more aggressive on the defense side of things because at the moment that's where he is lacking and he does tends to lose a few a places.... but a great driver never the less ;)