Brakes

Brake Pressure: 85%
Front Brake Bias: 59%

Tyre Pressures

Front Tyre Pressure: 23.0
Rear Tyre Pressure: 21.5

Weight Distribution
Ballast: 8

Notes: Mixed feelings. I had to make changes from TT to Career. The TT lap was the best I'd done for any track, yet I found it was eating the tyres in career. Reduced Camber and softened the Anti-Roll bars, which isn't ideal, but helped to bring tyre wear to being less than 'expected'.

I only qualified 4th. In the race, Vettel bowed out early, and Hamilton was slow for much of it. Kimi and Bottas were really quick. Kimi got out in front and left us in the dust, I could not keep up with the leading Ferrari and Mercedes. I found the Soft (prime) tyre really helped me.The track temps weren't high, but I struggled to make the Ultras work consistently.

I was quicker than the Red Bulls, but not by a lot, so it's similar to earlier races where I'd be happy with a 5th. I kept picking up warnings for abusing track limits by accident. You have to attack apexes and curbs, but it's so easy to get penalized for what is essentially a loss of time anyways. I want to go through the track layout, to remind myself when I revamp the setup when I get back to the Red Bull Ring in Season 2.

1. You get penalized if you go slightly over the white line on the exit, but not if you go too far over the white line. Also the inside curb, you can cut it .. essentially cheating, but nothing happens unless you turn in too soon. My setup is competitive in the first sector .. but there's more, especially in turn 2.
  2. The only corner I could not Perfect in Track Acclimatization (too slow accelerating on exit). I didn't have any issues with this in previous games, but the car wants to oversteer, so much so that you have to correct or you'll spin. I tweaked the setup to make this corner easier so I could get a better run down the next straight, but nothing worked. Surely losing time here.
  3. With the right entry, and exit, I'm probably quicker than any other car in turn 3. But it's got to be perfect.
  4. As there's many right-handers compared to left, the front and back left tyres take much of the wear, so you can afford to attack this corner. But I'm not catching anyone up through here, and in qualifying the second sector was my weakest.
  5. I can't seem to get a good exit compared to the AI. It's so quick, with a lot of sliding. In the Tyre management program, I suffered the most wear here, but at least it's punishing the right side.
  6. Nothing.
  7. Love how fast it is, but boy is it easy to screw yourself. I don't remember turn 7 being so difficult to get right, but when you do it's a lot of fun. At least it's not as bad as the last.
  8. Getting it right in Time Trial is hard. You have no choice but to ride the curbs, and the more you do, the more it opens up to go through like it's not there. But it's easy to get wrong, and luckily I had a lot of practice.
Fuel saving note: I had the best Fuel Saving program of any of my career races to date. I could run in Standard and get fuel back (didn't use Lean once), but I had to run in Rich if I wanted to be competitive with the leaders.

So I ended up 3rd, but only because Vettel went out with a failure and Lewis was slow for no good reason. The setup is good, but I think my result is more to do with the car, and losing out because I'm slow down the straights. I'd much appreciate it if someone was able to play around with it and find settings which could help me alleviate the issues I've been having around the Red Bull Ring. Thanks!

23658532_1937855329798825_4052998475274957697_n.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for my bad English, but your setups are amazing. I'm looking forward to finishing the season with them, I'm here for Silverstone, so hurry, haha
A hug from Uruguay

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back