Red Bull F1 Showrun Austin 2011

Collecting valuable data? the conspiracist in me cant hide away!

I always think this.
Surely it hands Red Bull an advantage some time.
They may not be able to collect telemetry data or computer data, but surely that is extremely valuable feedback that Coulthard is able to give the Red Bull guys about the track layout.

I thought the same when they let Chandhok drive a Red Bull around the Korea track last year about 2 months before it was finished.

It surprises me that more teams don't do the same thing, just incase they're missing out on any information/data.

Are you two being serious? That won't teach them anything they can't lean from the official circuit diagram and their simulators. Anyone can learn the basic layout and the gradients, but only when the tarmac's down and settled can they analyse bumps and cambers. The composition of the tarmac affects the grip, as does the weather and the kerbs at each corner. None of which can be learned by sending a show car to a dirt track.

I don't think they can learn anything about the layout more than what they could learn from the released info. There is no surface, the corner radius are rough... I don't think they can obtain anything from there, the situation was different at India because the racing surface was in place.

Marketing, marketing, marketing :) Great job on the video, really nice.

And of course the team doesnt learn anything. Hopefully the Texans do and they will make a bigger entry road to get to the track otherwise those mega F1 trucks wont fit :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back