1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording with dxtory and fraps in rFactor

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by James Peutherer, Apr 17, 2013.

1. I've been recording some clips today for the WT race edit, when I came across a problem, first with fraps, the recording hotkey completely stopped working, I changed it and still with the same results, I thought it might be a fraps problem, so I went onto dxtory to finish it, and encountered exactly the same error, I think there may be a problem with rfactor but I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks in advance

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lewis McGlade

Lewis McGlade
    Premium Member

When I recorded with Fraps, I made a separate control scheme in rFactor. Generally changing the different cameras to the Function Keys (F1, F2, F3 and so on). My Fraps record key is END and the frame rate I have set to 180 so I can do some really slow mo stuff.

As to what is happening with you, I'm sorry as I do not know.
  3. Perhaps I have the frame rate set too low? 60 fps.
  4. It appears it's a memory issue, even though I have 11 GB it won't write the file..

EDIT: I've cleared space, no difference.
  5. I only record in 30fps (youtube only runs that so no point in running more)
    Should make no difference. For slowmo i use the slowmo button.

Probably a dumb question but have you tried re-installing both programs, Fraps/Rfactor?
    If yes, does the fps counter turn red or does it stay yellow?
  6. It's okay I managed to fix it sort of, it will take a couple of tab out and in's but it will record.
  7. Lewis McGlade

Lewis McGlade
    Premium Member

ahh yeah when I mean slow mo... I mean really really slow mo. E.G, press slow mo button, still records at 180 fps, then that means I can slow it down a further 6 times (Bit pointless but still)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Jesus :) Any video of that slow motion? sounds like time-lapse :D
  9. Lewis McGlade

Lewis McGlade
    Premium Member

I don't generally make videos that are that sloooooww motion, pretty much nothing happens hahaha XD

10. Thanks for the race edit James :)
  11. Lewis McGlade

Lewis McGlade
    Premium Member

you'll have to link it when your done, should be good im sure :)