Recording the highest quality video

Hi all, I've been seeing some very very good quality video's uploaded recently, and was wondering how people got the best video quality from AC? I'm currently limited to a 1080p screen, but if there was a way to Supersample on a single scren I'd love to know

Hi!
so do you want to create a video with good quality or do you want to have a better quality in the game?
For video recording: Shadowplay doesn't have enough mbits for really good videos. I use fraps which is heavy on your hardware but if you have a good PC it works fine and has the best quality you can get without an extra recording hardware! :)

If you want to have a better quality in the game:
First thing to use would be 8x MSAA.
Content manager can enable it or you can change a few lines in this ini:
documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\video.ini
"AASAMPLES=8".

If you want to use supersampling you could use VSR (amd) or DSR (nvidia). Just google around for it :)
But this will scale your apps to be smaller...

What works better and what I use (only nvidia) is "Sparse Grid Super Sample Anti Aliasing" (SGSSAA).
You need the nvidia inspector for it, go to the AC profile and do this:
But you will have to disable smoke in the game as it will get supersampled too and my GTX1070 goes down to 20fps instead of 80fps :roflmao:
upload_2017-9-14_12-16-43.png

upload_2017-9-14_12-21-54.png

Thanks for the info! Precisely what I was looking for.

*edit* On the Shadowplay not being as good, can it be equal to fraps if you bump up the bitrate to 130?
Yes, absolutely! Problem is that I couldn't figure out how to get 130 bitrate with still recording in 1080p. The 130 are for 4k :(

btw Bitrate of fraps videos: 1492992 kBit/s what quals to 1492mBit/s :confused::p
Need to record to an SSD too sadly with 20 seconds being around 2GB file size.

Shadowplay and everything was stuttering like crazy when I enabled vsync, so I flipped the tables, bought fraps and I am happy with it :)

Here is a fraps video from me, sadly youtube isn't so much better in 1080p with only 15mbits than shadowplay but I rendered it to 4k (pixel stretching) to get the 80mbits :)
LINK
So watch it in 4k to see fraps' quality and chose for your self. If shadowplay is working I would try to record in 4k with 130mbits and upload that to youtube :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%