Reconnecting to the SimBin lobby

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
PLEASE BE AWARE - THE FOLLOWING IS ONLY APPLICABLE TO PEOPLE RACING GT LEGENDS AT RACEDEPARTMENT - IT IS NOT A MANDATORY CHANGE FOR RACING ELSEWHERE OR OFFLINE

OK - here's the procedure that you can use to get to the "SimBin" lobby:-

1. In your main GTL folder, find the file "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt". It should contain one line of text saying "gtl-lobby.bierbuden.de", or an ip address. This is how we point GTL at the Bierbude lobby. You can edit this file (go to steps3) or download and install the file in step 2, and then go to step 4.

2. This contains the new lobby files http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gtl-miscellaneous-24/lobby-files-4730/ The deafult lobby file points at the SimBin lobby, and there are files named *Simbin & *Bierbude with the relevant details for easy switching.

3. If you are editing manually, in the LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt in your GTL folder, change the text line to say gtlsrv.race-game.com and save the file.

4. Start GTL and try to go online:-
i) if you can see the "Raceroom" GTL servers you are pointing at the new lobby, so you're fine.
ii) If you can see the altbierbude servers you are still pointing at the old lobby, so go back and re-check steps 1 to 3 again.
iii) If you get the "cannot log you on" or similar message, go back to the Multiplayer -> Internet screen and hit "Register".

5. Everyone who's tried this has succeeded, so just ask in the Lobby thread that I'll be starting soon and people will help you out.

Now - the following is important.

What I don't want is people coming on after I've posted this and saying "No, do it this way" or "do it that way". This way works, is dead simple, and extremely easily reversed, so let's not over complicate things and confuse people, please.

If you have managed to connect to the SimBin lobby, please "Like" this post.

If you are having problems, you can post in here with detailed descriptions of the errors you are experiencing.

Any other responses will be removed by Mods to keep the thread tidy, legible and useful.

Ok, seems i have a little problem. I have GTL on win 7 and after i put in the "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY_Simbin" file (cause i had/ have no "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" in my main folder) i´m still in the lobby with the Altbierbuden. Any idea where i have to change now the lobby ?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%