• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Recommended wheel for under £200?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Richard Roberts, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

Ratings:
    +4
    I was thinking of buying a wheel for max £200. I have a g25 that I haven't used for 3 yrs after I smelled burning and thought it was better to leave off using it.

I have heard things of thrustmaster t300 and I may be able to use my pedals and shifter from g25 with that. I would be happy to repair g25 but can't see where to get parts.

what would you suggest?

2. Cloudini5

Cloudini5

Ratings:
    +2
    Burning smell is probably dust heating up, because it has sit in a corner for 3 years.

T300 is a high step upwards next to the g25 !

3. Greg Latty

Greg Latty
    Premium

Ratings:
    +254
    you could probably sell your g25 for 150 and get a t300rs new for 300. that way youre only spending 150 :D

4. Wicked

Wicked
    Horsepower! My kingdom for some horsepower!

Ratings:
    +97
    T300 with the t3pa pedals is a excellent wheel.

I went from a g27 to a Tx Base and the difference in FFB was huge. Definitely worth the jump.

Like Greg said, I would sell the g25. However I would put that money on top of the 200 pounds and buy some of the thrustmaster stuff. I've heard the waiting list to get g25/g27 pedals to thrustmaster adapters is quite long and also expensive. expensive.

5. Slalom823

Slalom823
    RDTCC S10 Champion Premium

Ratings:
    +429
    Can you run g25 pedals and shifter with a t300 wheel on the computer easily enough?

6. Greg Latty

Greg Latty
    Premium

Ratings:
    +254
    im not 100% sure about the shifter but i know theres an adapter for the pedals

7. PicoBp

PicoBp
    #26 | HSRC - Banzaaaiii Touring Car Crew Premium

Ratings:
    +436
    I use a T300 Ferrari Integral kit and I still have my G27 hooked up without the power source for the shifter, and used it for a while with the pedals as well. You just have to make sure that the new wheel is the first on the game controllers list after a reboot. If it's not, just jump into device manager, remove the Logitech wheel and scan for hardware changes, it will put it down the list. ;)

BTW, can't wait for my SHH shifter to arrive. :)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  8. Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

Ratings:
    +4
    I might sell the g25. I'd have to say that it smells of burning though. would it be worth opening and cleaning first. I'd repair it and use it if I knew where to buy the parts. I think I'd like to get t300

9. Greg Latty

Greg Latty
    Premium

Ratings:
    +254
    if its the same as the g27 the g25 should be pretty easy to disassemble. I would open it and clean it out with a compressed air can, inspect it and plug it up. Use it for a bit to see if the smell goes away. Like Cloudini5 said it could just be the dust burning from sitting for a while..

• Like Like x 1
  10. Richard Roberts

Richard Roberts

Ratings:
    +4
    Anywhere to get replacement motors from?