Recommended wheel for under £200?

I was thinking of buying a wheel for max £200. I have a g25 that I haven't used for 3 yrs after I smelled burning and thought it was better to leave off using it.

I have heard things of thrustmaster t300 and I may be able to use my pedals and shifter from g25 with that. I would be happy to repair g25 but can't see where to get parts.

what would you suggest?

T300 with the t3pa pedals is a excellent wheel.

I went from a g27 to a Tx Base and the difference in FFB was huge. Definitely worth the jump.

Like Greg said, I would sell the g25. However I would put that money on top of the 200 pounds and buy some of the thrustmaster stuff. I've heard the waiting list to get g25/g27 pedals to thrustmaster adapters is quite long and also expensive. expensive.

Upvote 0
Can you run g25 pedals and shifter with a t300 wheel on the computer easily enough?
I use a T300 Ferrari Integral kit and I still have my G27 hooked up without the power source for the shifter, and used it for a while with the pedals as well. You just have to make sure that the new wheel is the first on the game controllers list after a reboot. If it's not, just jump into device manager, remove the Logitech wheel and scan for hardware changes, it will put it down the list. ;)

BTW, can't wait for my SHH shifter to arrive. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
if its the same as the g27 the g25 should be pretty easy to disassemble. I would open it and clean it out with a compressed air can, inspect it and plug it up. Use it for a bit to see if the smell goes away. Like Cloudini5 said it could just be the dust burning from sitting for a while..

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years