Recommend a wheel with about $100 U.S. budget

I've been racing with a gamepad. I'm thinkin' it's time to get a wheel. My budget is around $100 U.S., MAYBE up to $150 max. Hard max.
There seems to be a few options, but I'm not sure which to get or where to get the best deal. Amazon seems pretty limited, as does Newegg and TigerDirect - my usual computer hardware shopping spots.
I've seen a couple wheels advertised as "vibration feedback" and I'm curious what that actually means. I assume it's mere a "rumble" function and NOT actual force-feedback.
I'd LIKE to get a setup with 3 pedals and a shifter, but if that's outside my budget then it's outside my budget. I'd prefer non-paddle shifter as well.
SO!! given those varibles, what can y'all recommend?
Thanks in advance!! :cool:

I would agree that in that budget range, the Logitech DFGT is probably the way to go. It is in widespread use and has the most favorable reviews in that range, and it has your sequential shifter.

Thrustmaster has a wheel called the RGT FFB Clutch Edition that seems to meet all your requirements in that same price range, but is a little difficult to find. I have heard no experiences of it so can't speak to it otherwise.

http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-...8&qid=1365354544&sr=1-9&keywords=thrustmaster

Upvote 0
Thanks guys! That was quick.
I've watched a YouTuber review by sim racing tonight (<< EDIT when i put that as one word, as it should be, racedepartment changed it to "racedepartment" .. um, why? not cool :\ EDIT) for both wheels. I'm thinkin' the Thrustmaster is prolly where I'll go as it has metal pedals, and all three to boot. The review seems decent, and I like the button layout, especially with both progressive and sequential paddles. The reviewer said the dial on the Logitech doesn't work on a PC, which is a shame. The Logitech is tempting tho as well, seeing as I do still play GT 4 on my PS2. I doubt the Thrustmaster would work for that.
I may order it yet today. We'll see. I'm itchin to get decent control of my vehicles (full Race 07 package) with force feedback.
here's those reviews, for those interested:
Thrustmaster RGT ::
Logitech Driving Force GT ::

Upvote 0
I have the logitech DFGT and very happy with it , I use to have a Thrustmaster 458 italia

Thrustmaster = Good peddles but only 270 turn, small wheel
Logitech = Good FFB nice size and 900 turn but peddles a bit weak

Upvote 0
Well, just bought the Thrustmaster RGT off eBay. Sucker really IS hard to find. All the online retailers that claimed to have it were actually out of stock with no restock in sight. Not surprising, as it's been discontinued.
Thanks for the advice guys! Lookin forward to the step-up in immersion and control. Hopefully I'll be able to start racin' with it by this coming weekend or so.
I'll post here my impressions of the wheel, for other seekers to find.
:geek:

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back