• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Rearview Mirror Shadows Missing

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Ace King, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Ace King

Ace King

Ratings:
    +77
    I noticed that i see no shadows present in my rearview mirror and it makes the cars your viewing look like they are floating because of their shadows missing! I have every ingame setting to it's maximum. Used various ISI cars and tracks.

Specs: MSI GTX-970 Gaming 4G and AMD Phenom 965 (OC 3.8 Ghz)

Is there a setting in the player.json that will turn shadows on in your rearview mirror as i wasn't able to locate it. Thanks in advance for any help to shed some light on this topic!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,400
    I think it can not be done. But if you want more detail in the mirror:

"Rearview Cull":true, ==> false
    "Rearview Cull#":"Whether to cull objects in the rearview based on visgroups in the SCN file",

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  3. Ace King

Ace King

Ratings:
    +77
    I tried the Rearview Cull with no success. I checked out rF1 and it also shows no shadows in your rearview mirror so i'am guessing this was present for a very long time in ISI's Gmotor engine!

4. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +84
    I also see 'circular bubbles' behind cars, even replays, are these related to Shadows? How do I correct these?
    EDIT: Must be AA, rF2 was linked to SCE Nvidia profile.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015