• "I've tried everything other than jumping out of a plane, but nothing gives you an adrenaline rush like racing a car." - Nigel Mansell
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear View Side Mirrors - how to switch them on in low res

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by daytona64, Oct 1, 2011.

1. daytona64

daytona64

Ratings:
    +9
    The rear view side mirrors are not displaying on my low graphics settings.
    I have a fairly old PC and am unable to use the higher screen res and graphics settings so I have all the graphics low to maintain a decent frame rate.
    Does anyone know how I can switch on the rear view mirrors (using low res graphics)?
    Thanks for any help here.

2. daytona64

daytona64

Ratings:
    +9
    Dear All,
    Please, does anyone know whether you can force the mirrors to work in low graphics mode?

3. Mickael Bertani

Mickael Bertani

Ratings:
    +0
    You have to edit the file hardware_settings_options.xml in the \F1 2011\system\ directory.

find this line : <ref category="mirrors" option="off" /> and replace with this : <ref category="mirrors" option="low" />
    edit the line depending on your detail level.

4. daytona64

daytona64

Ratings:
    +9
    Mickael, Thanks a million - working beautifully and has given the game a new lease of life on my old PC - only lose about 2 FPS. Nice one!!

5. Michael Brown

Michael Brown

Ratings:
    +245
    Sorry but it doesn't seem to be working for me. There's a bunch of lines concerning mirrors and I set them all to low but it didn't work.