1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Realy need more front wheel grip.

Discussion in 'Formula Truck 2013' started by Appie Kuipers, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Guy's what's the best setting to gain most steering grip, in some corners it's realy horror.
    Sure control my right foot is one option, but there must be some other?
  2. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

3. Thanks very much Rupe, It looks like I have to controle my right foot more!!!!!
    Hope I can join You Guy's on Friday?!
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

The more the merrier :D especially in these bad boys
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. JoelGL

Premium Member

Or I think you can also learn from the AI driving? Is their driving optimal too?
  6. They don't have a lot of mid corner grip. So what you need to do is two things, really make sure you get the rear slightly rotated on entry (this starts sometime during the braking phase), and then you also need to make sure to not get on the power too earlier and/or too hard because that will cause the rear to plant and grip but that will be taking grip away from the front, this will lead to mid-corner to corner-exit understeer.

You can't really go by a calm and controlled entry and then just use lots of steering lock for tons of mid-corner front grip, no, you have to really rotate the truck before hand in order to set up the corner slightly earlier and therefore rely more on the trucks rotation to corner rather than just pure steering lock and front bite.