F1 2015 Really Loud Wind Sound

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
As the title says in any fov the wind sound is very loud i tried all kinds of things in the audio options but they made no difference . Anybody else think that the wind sound is too loud ? And yes i know these engine are not as noisy as in 2013 , but still !

What? :p :whistling:

Hard-of-hearing-deaf-man.jpg

I know what you are talking about. I noticed this especially since I drive using cockpit view and there's no wind in that view. A few times I've cycled out of cockpit view by mistake and I hear the loud wind noise in all views. Sometimes is stays on when I go back into cockpit view.
The opposite almost occurs in another Codemasters game, GRID Autosport, where if you lose your side window or windscreen, you can hear loud wind rushing past, but as soon as you use the "look behind" button, the wind disappears! Don't think they've quite got this wind thing nailed down!

On Xbone at least, cockpit view gives you a really throaty engine sound. T-Cam gives less engine, more wind and environment sounds (including what sounds like very loud crowds cheering when you pull off a pass, and also what sound like a fly-wheel (in the Sauber at least) Engineer is hard to hear on any of them but that said I have things connected to a 50" Sony Bravia TV with only TV speakers.

On Xbone at least, cockpit view gives you a really throaty engine sound. T-Cam gives less engine, more wind and environment sounds (including what sounds like very loud crowds cheering when you pull off a pass, and also what sound like a fly-wheel (in the Sauber at least) Engineer is hard to hear on any of them but that said I have things connected to a 50" Sony Bravia TV with only TV speakers.

Yeah, I think it's the same. (I'm on PC)
I can't hear my engineer either. They've made a bit of an error in the way they've filtered the audio to create the "radio" effect. They've significantly reduced the important frequencies that we, as humans, rely on in order to be able to understand speech over noise. We're intelligent enough beings that our brains can assist our ears with the information we receive in the real world, in order to distinguish complete words and sentences from muffled voices. In the game's case, they've cut out the important area that we need to help us to identify exactly what the engineer is saying, therefore we don't quite catch some words or it goes a blur.
I think they've overdone it, trying to resemble too much of a telephone effect rather than the modern, almost high-definition audio relays that we hear on tv. These drivers have the equivalent of an iPod earphone shoved in their ears, millimetres from their ear drums. Are you telling me that it still sounds like a bad phone line? It would and SHOULD sound clear as day, not filtered to this extreme.

I've set all game volume levels to 50% apart from voice which is at 100%, which to me sounds pretty well distributed - although the radio does have a crappy frequency filter over it.

As for general sound balance, it's about 50% wind noise and 50% engine which in consideration of how quiet the cars are will probably be about right. I ride a motorbike in real life (CBR 1000) and out on the road the wind noise is just as loud as the engine, if not louder.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 484 39.0%