F1 2010 Really bad brakes

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
F1 2010, while a nice game in many respects, has got serious brake issues. Not sure about the console versions....but the pc version got it all wrong. There is just way too long of a delay on application of maximum brake vs wheel lockup...even with saturation at it's highest and deadzone at zero. You can see this for yourself in a straight line test. Just sit in the cockpit with the settings above. Accelerate hard and then immediately brake to the maximum and watch how long it takes for the wheels to lockup. In some cases the car goes for a while before they do. It's really sad that this issue did not get addressed in the patch. Hopefully they'll get it next time around.

I hope Codemasters or somebody in the modding community can come up with a fix to address this issue that won't cause online mismatches...and soon. It's a real shame it didn't get fixed in the first patch. I work with carbon brakes and the stopping force is like nothing you've ever experienced...ever. They'll flat-out lift you out of your seat on application once the core temp is optimal.

The brakes dont slow the car down fast enough, but i dont think locking is a big issue, F1 drivers use full brake pressure to slow the car down at high speeds without locking, its only when the car starts to get slower and the brake pressure exceeds the force of momentum of the car and the grip of the tyres when locking occurs, so you should be able to fully brake and then ease off the brakes as the car gets slower to avoid locking.

Tho the cars take too long to slow down with the brakes, also you cant use any form of trail braking in the car, the wheels simply lock and the car wont turn even with the slightest ammount of brake pressure, so using the brakes as part of the way you drive and steer is not possible. Its easy to work around it but feels strange to me to back to it after driving Iracing and FVA where trail braking makes you much faster if you can use it right.

At suzuka i noticed my car had almost double the braking distance of the real F1 cars, so they really do underpeform in this area.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back