Realistic lighting levels?

During the day my track looks fine, but between sunset and sunrise it looks ridiculously bright. Here it is a 3am:

I've been messing with colour settings in my scn/gdb files but to no avail. In these situations my motto is usually "if in doubt, copy ISI", but that's not working. I looked at Silverstone and noticed it too had dogy lighting where the sun doesn't shine.

Sebring, from Virtua LM looks correct, but copying the settings to my own track didn't make any meaningful difference, so it occurred to me that maybe the presence of track lighting was a factor. I then looked at Toban, and saw that it too was lit/darkened properly.

I tried a single light on my own track but still the general light level is too bright. I don't intend to have lights around my track, but I would like it to look sensible during the night.

Any ideas? I've already set the latitude to 53.5 degrees to get the shadows going the right way.

Thanks for the tip. It seems to be a combination of latitude and race date. E.g. June 8, 3.58° looks okay, as does March 8, 53.58°

I've also noticed that rFactor doesn't do daylight saving, so in the summer everything happens an hour earlier than it should.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back