F1 2011 Realistic lap times

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Regardless of cutting and setup bugs, the game is still faster than last years, and you can imagine why. They've put in KERS and DRS and probably didn't slow the cars down enough to compensate. The times were pretty realistic last year but the cars have only gotten faster in 2011.

As to "corner cutting" (in Melb it's more about running wide), if it's a RD league rule, that's fine and good. But you know if Vettel was allowed to cut corners in his pole lap he would have done, if it were faster, so would every other driver in the field. Racing is about making use of every inch of track given to you; if the game gives us more track, everyone will use it.

Yes, thats what i meant, you implied that Codies did this by design, but thats not really correct.
Setting springs to 8/8 slowed you down by 3seconds which is slightly more realistic and explains your super fast 1.17.xxx lap.

If you want me to re-phrase my last post: Then that explains it.

Why are you letting people continue to argue in your thread on codies forum ? Just go in there and let them know the lap is that fast because of the setup and it will clear things up !

Yes, thats what i meant, you implied that Codies did this by design, but thats not really correct.
Setting springs to 8/8 slowed you down by 3seconds which is slightly more realistic and explains your super fast 1.17.xxx lap.
If you want me to re-phrase my last post: Then that explains it.

sorry, my english is not the best. perhaps i understood something wrong ;) ... but about the setup i tell it there ...

lower springs ... slower lap time ;)

i hope cm will fix it :)

i dont know exactly that is a bug .. or perhaps its a feature von cm :D

all the setups from f1 2010 and 2011 are not realistic so why must this be a bug ;)

the time is still too fast and with the cm rules (cutting) over 4 seconds faster than the real f1 :cool:

you are a driving god lol

fast enough for your :tongue:

Maybe you've just stumbled upon the ultimate setup! :p

I tried 11/11 springs in TT and it felt very very fast, I braked at the line but it was still a fast time. I lowered the springs to 8/8 and it felt slower already, less stable, but I was still able to set a PB and in fact a current record. I fully admit it's not a clean lap but I'm sure I can do a faster, "kosher" lap with practice. Meanwhile the times are going to drop on the leaderboard as others figure out their setups.

If the 11/11 is remarkably faster than 10/10 and 9/9 then we might have a bug, but it might just be a poor design. Either way I hope it gets changed in a patch (and the leaderboards reset).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back