Realistic FFB v3.0

I finally had the chance to try it on my game last night, and...what can I say?
Dude, you did an excellent job, I cant find the words to thank you.
Absolutely, amazing! You've changed the way of playing F1 2012 with a steering wheel, it's a new level, and a great one.

Thanks a lot.

where can I download this file from ? ? it only takes me to a info page of what looks like the xml file in notepad.
someone please help, just got my new ffb steering wheel and hate the feel of the f1 2012 ffb.

Real Feel FFB for F1 2012 v5.2

Updated - Version 5.2

==============Real Feel FFB MOD for F1 2012 v5.2=========================

MOD: This modification brings more realism to the FFB in racing wheels making the game
"feels" more realistic and much better to play.

==================================================================

This is the latest version 5.2 (19/10/2012) and it brings:

8 Forcefeedback files for you to choose the one you like! (Plus the backup file for unnistall)
You can see more details on the changes below, but in short:

1 - Light - Enables tarmac effect, gear change effects, front wheel lock and real wheel spin effects, also increase the values for suspension effects. All increased just a bit (All values were scaled in a uniform way);

2 - Normal - Enables tarmac effect, gear change effectss, front wheel lock and real wheel spin effect, also increase the values for suspension effects and adds more weight to the racing wheel. Values increased in a moderate way (All values were scaled in a uniform way);

3 - Strong - Enables tarmac effect, gear change effectss, front wheel lock and real wheel spin effect, also increase the values for suspension effects and adds more weight to the racing wheel. Values increased with higher values than Light and Normal versions but not too much. (All values were scaled in a uniform way);

4 - Strong Less Tarmac - Same as version 3 but with a "lighter" tarmac effect;

5 - Realistic No Tarmac - Effects like suspension effects are much increased to reflect bumps and other track related effects, racing wheel weight is related to car actual speed, gear changes have a higher effect and it starts strong then goes light as you shift up (ex: Gear 1 very strong effect, gear 7 very light effect), rumblestrip values were tweaked and now you can feel every rumblestrip effect, also rumblestrip max effect was reduced since CM believes that a rumblestrip is like running on a cobblestone track. Loss of grip effects added and increased for rear wheel slip and front wheel lock ups. This version doesn't includes the tarmac effect. (Values were not scaled in a uniform way - this helps to add realism and keep the feedback);
6 - Realistic Low Tarmac - Tarmact effect enabled AND tweaked on all the realistic versions, its not like before, now the tarmac effect doesn't feel like and helicopter!!! Except for the light tarmac effect added, all other changes are the same as version 5 above. (Values were not scaled in a uniform way)

7 - Realistic Medium Tarmac - Tarmact effect enabled AND tweaked on all the realistic versions, its not like before, now the tarmac effect doesn't feel like and helicopter!!! Except for the light tarmac effect added, all other modifications are the same as version 5 above. (Best one IMHO) (Values were not scaled in a uniform way

8 - Realistic High Tarmac - Same as 6 and 7 but with a higher tarmac effect. Looks very nice on some tracks, but may be too much on some tracks like Monaco or Interlagos. (Values were not scaled in a uniform way

============================Detailed changes=========================
If you want to change an specific effect just open the file with notepad/notepad++ and use the description below as a guide.

1 - Light:
Tarmac = 0.05 / Default is 0.0 / Overall scale multiplier 1.0 / Default is 0.9
Gears - 1st = 1.0 2nd = 0.95 3rd = 0.85 4th = 0.7 5th = 0.6 6th = 0.5 7th = 0.4 / Default is 0 for all gears
Steering = 1.0 force = 1.0 / Same as default, just increased the wheel weight a bit when car is faster
Wheel Slip (Steering) = 1.0 / Same as default
Suspension = 0.9 / Default is 0.5
FrontWheelLock = 0.9 / Default is 0.0 (Not sure if is just me but, i can't feel it even with the strong ver).
RearWheelSpin = 0.9 / Default is 0.0
RearWheelSlip = 0.9 / Default is 0.0
2 - Normal:
Tarmac = 0.06 / Overal scale multiplier 1.1
Gears = 1st - 1.3 2nd = 1.15 3rd = 1.0 4th = 0.9 5th = 0.8 6th = 0.7 7th = 0.6
Steering = 1.2 force = 1.2
Wheel Slip (Steering) = 1.2
Suspension = 1.2
FrontWheelLock = 1.2
RearWheelSpin = 1.2
RearWheelSlip = 1.2
3 - Strong:
Tarmac = 0.10 / Overal scale multiplier 1.2
Gears = 1st - 1.5 2nd = 1.35 3rd = 1.2 4th = 1.0 5th = 0.9 6th = 0.8 7th = 0.7
Steering = 1.5 force = 1.5
Wheel Slip (Steering) = 1.5
Suspension = 1.6
FrontWheelLock = 1.6
RearWheelSpin = 1.6
RearWheelSlip = 1.6
4 - Strong less tarmac:
Tarmac = 0.05 / Overal scale multiplier 1.1 - Fit in between the light and medium version!
Gears = 1st - 1.5 2nd = 1.35 3rd = 1.2 4th = 1.0 5th = 0.9 6th = 0.8 7th = 0.7
Steering = 1.5 force = 1.5
Wheel Slip (Steering) = 1.5
Suspension = 1.6
FrontWheelLock = 1.6
RearWheelSpin = 1.6
RearWheelSlip = 1.6

5 - 8 - Realistic Versions (Basic changes):
Rumblestips: scaleLow="0.15" scaleHigh="0.9" / Default 0.0 and 1.0
Gears = 1st - 1.6 2nd = 1.45 3rd = 1.3 4th = 1.2 5th = 1.0 6th = 0.9 7th = 0.8 / Default is disabled
Steering = 3.5 force = 3.5 / Default 1.0
Wheel Slip (Steering) = 3.5 / Default 1.0
Suspension = 3.3 / Default is 0.5
FrontWheelLock = 3.5 / Default is 0.0
RearWheelSpin = 3.5 / Default is 0.0
RearWheelSlip = 3.5 / Default is 0.0

Tarmac changes on Realistic versions:
No Tarmac = 0.0 / Default 0.0
Low Tarmac = 0.06 / Default 0.0
Medium Tarmac = 0.09 / Default 0.0
High Tarmac = 0.12 / Default 0.0

==============================Background===================

After playing F1 2012 for 2 weeks i was really upset with the FFB, for me the CM's FFB is one of the worst FFB ever. So i tryied to search for some mods and luckly i found Venom's FFB mod (link below).

Venom's F1 2012 Force FeedBack "Road Feel"

After using Venom's awesome mod i saw that the Bugmasters FFB could be improved a lot, its just CM who doesn't want to, but the FFB works if you change the file settings, so i decided to make my own mod.
Venom: Thanks for the mod and inspiration. (This is not your mod modded, its a new one ;)).

The FFB was totally redone, i tweaked everything on the effectsetup file and enabled some effects.

Its far from perfect, but now its more like an rFactor/GSC than the CM's Dead Feedback (At least for the Realistic version)

As for settings, i recommend that in game you change the FFB settings and use the "enviroment" settings a little higher than the wheel weight. Something like 10% difference should do.

Attention:
The file was created using a G27 racing wheel with all effects (in game FFB) at 50% and using a car default setup, tracks were Brazil, Monaco, Silverstone, Melbourne and Suzuka. It should work on ALL racing wheels, stronger/lighter effects on different wheels. Also the FFB in game still the same, so you can change the settings the way you like it.
Im using the Realistic medium tarmac version, my in-game settings are:
60%
70%
50%
Maybe just me, or just with the G27 but it looks like if you use the wheel weight value higher then the effect values, you will feel less effects since the racing wheel engine is using more power to add weight to the wheel.

Don't download it if you use a controller, its just for racing wheels with Force Feed Back.

------> Download here

Hi, I've been using this mod for 2012 and now for 2013, which I didn't realise I could do! So thank you.
Have you tried this with 2013 and if so do you think you'll change anything ?
I'm using a DFGT and it feels much better.
Thanks again for your hard work.

Oh, looks like a great mod, never saw this! Which one would you guys recommend for 2012? I don't want TOO overriding, where I cannot even turn the wheel :p

Thanks...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 336 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%
  • < 5 years