Realistic FFB v3.0

Tried the strong version with less tarmac vibration, it's great (T500 RS F1 Wheel). :)

Everything at 100% (Thrustmaster control panel and ingame). Dead zones, etc. are set to 0%.

Rotation set to 270°.

Excellent I have a G27 and used the strong version with less tarmac vib and this is fantastic. Was using 50-70-60 in the FFB setup had to come down to 30-60-60 buy its great to have a realistic driving sensation, just hope my G27 is up to it. Thanks

Tested it with Logitech MOMO FFB Racing Wheel as well, now, and it still works great, better than the default. Strength ingame 100%, driver control panel 150%. :thumbsup:

Maybe some values can be tweaked a little bit more to make it even better. :)

I had a look into the FFB effects file myself, but there are so many values and I don't know how I have to tweak them (+/- and ranges). Does a good explanation exist somewhere? :cool:

By the way: Some rumblestrips have no FFB in the game, do they?
For example in Melbourne. Sometimes I'm missing some FFB effects. :O_o:

Tested it with Logitech MOMO FFB Racing Wheel as well, now, and it still works great, better than the default. Strength ingame 100%, driver control panel 150%. :thumbsup:

Maybe some values can be tweaked a little bit more to make it even better. :)

I had a look into the FFB effects file myself, but there are so many values and I don't know how I have to tweak them (+/- and ranges). Does a good explanation exist somewhere? :cool:

I Haven't found a good explanation for the values :(
Before making this mod i was looking for it also. Only way is to use the guide in the effectsetup file, which is not a good explanation, but is what we have, and then, try and error :O_o:

Im not using weight or ffb effects at 100% because it looks like these values are shared by the wheel, so to me, looks like if the game is using too much power to the steering, it lacks on FFB effects like rumblestrips.

I'll probably release a new version today or tomorrow, very strong and very strong less tarmac. Im trying to figure more of these values.
As for the rumblestrips, you can try this...
Find this line:
<FFBSurface scale="0.51" name="RUMBLESTRIP" grip="1.5" thresholdLow="0.5" thresholdHigh="25.0" freqLow="4.5" freqHigh="15.0" scaleLow="0.1" scaleHigh="1.0" length="0.1" sample="rumblestrip"/>
Change the scaLower=0.0 to something higher 0.1 or 0.2 should do. Then you can try the rumblestips. Its hard to find a perfect spot because the effects are not the same on each track, can look perfect on a track and bad on another :(

Tried your latest one once more.

Now it felt really odd. Like driving a road car without power steering.
I described all effect changes on the first post, you can use it as a guide and tweak to something better. It requires some testing though. You need to test on at least 2 different tracks because there is a different ffb reaction on each track (particularly kerbs and tarmac).
Im trying to make a new version with a fine tune, same problem always, good on a track, not so good on another. :(

Finally i finished it. Please, if you want, try the new version! :D
Now i changed the low rumblestrip scale value to 0.1, it was 0.0 so now looks like all the rumblestips have effects. At least all of them have effects on Melbourne now :thumbsup:
Only on the "Realistic" versions.

i have the csr fanatec and realistic with tarmac medium it's very good!
in game i have ffb 50% 100% 50% and on the wheel 270° ffb and sho 100% dead dpr spr all to 0% anyone have this wheel??

im using the realistic low tarmac.... beautifully done.
Now i can play f1 with a smile on my face :)
This makes me think that all the hours i spent on this were worth! :thumbsup:
Really glad you liked. I personally like the realistic medium tarmac, but on some tracks (Monaco/Brazil) can be a bit too much tarmac effect :roflmao:
I still think its impossible to make it like rfactor or GSC but at least IMO is much better then the FFB CM lol. Probably the FFB file have bad effects on controllers so they decided to let most of the effects with little values and some of them disabled. :thumbsdown:

I use strong - with tarmac, on GT3RS V2, the vibration... does it do the CSP as well. I swear I felt my feet vibrate every now and again maybe it's the rig, but it feels great thank you

Roberto Costa,
your fix works with linearity too ?? i will download it tonight when i get home, but i like to know that's be solved ... i'm very sady with the game ... in Melbourne of F1 2011 i make 1:22 easily ... now, with 2012, making 1:29 with a lot of hard, have to break 200m before the chicane ... help us, brother !!!!!!

Roberto Costa,
your fix works with linearity too ?? i will download it tonight when i get home, but i like to know that's be solved ... i'm very sady with the game ... in Melbourne of F1 2011 i make 1:22 easily ... now, with 2012, making 1:29 with a lot of hard, have to break 200m before the chicane ... help us, brother !!!!!!
Im using linearity around 8% on the G27. With this mod you should be able to have a nicer feeling of the car, with the mod im using the steering dead zone at 0%, before the mod i was using 2%, it helped on straight lines but it wasn't the best solution. Try the realistic versions you may like. As for the times, FFB can help a lot but you are probably not going to be able to do the same times as the last years game, you need to be more "smooth" this year, at least for me that was the only way to do some good lap times.

I made a video in Melbourne, smooth driving :D
Here:

Wasn't the best lap but it was smooth. The handling is very different from F1 2011.
Glad you liked it :D

Also the cars in F1 2012 have great difference. Just had an online race today and i wasn't able to do a good time in Melbourne with Force India, using the same setup and yet no good, i was better using Caterham! lol
At least on Melbourne. ;)

Very nice work with the fix, Bob. But i continued to have problems with the smooth adjustments. Can you tell us you setup in logitech profile (like degrees of rotation, etc.) and adjusts on game (deadzones, linearitys ...) ... I will be glad with the game when i gave a clear lap like you do above ... as i do in F1 2010 & 2011 ... but you helps a lot.

Very nice work with the fix, Bob. But i continued to have problems with the smooth adjustments. Can you tell us you setup in logitech profile (like degrees of rotation, etc.) and adjusts on game (deadzones, linearitys ...) ... I will be glad with the game when i gave a clear lap like you do above ... as i do in F1 2010 & 2011 ... but you helps a lot.
There it is, my profiler settings:

logitechpro.jpg

In game:
All set to 0% except linearity that is at 8%
For the FFB
Enviromental effects 60%
FFB Strenght 60%
Wheel Weight 50%

I havent tried too many options on the profiler to see if i can find a difference, just used like this and i liked.
;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years