Resource icon

Misc Realistic Damage 3.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Giovaneveterano submitted a new resource:

F1 2013 Realistic Damage - Damage mod

First backup your file loose_parts_settings.xml in F1 2013 folder.
  • Download the file
  • Put it in F1 2013 folder, overwrite the previous one.
I'm bored of this Codemaster's damage system, then I decided to change it and make it closer to Reality.
Now with small contact you can loose little carbon-fiber flaps from your front wing. Stay concentrated in tracks like Monaco or Singapore because loosing control can be fatal. Now is increased the probability of Safety Car due to realistic stength of suspensions, chassis and wings for player and AI.
Don't forget to give feedback!
Have a good gaming!:)
130324172305-malaysia-alonso-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
I suppose there's still only one parameter of all cars to modify, and not only for the player and one only for AI. because I fear that since AI is much more aggresssive now and they make mistakes even hitting the walls, there will be far too many AI retirements, above all in 100% races.

What's the feedback about this matter?

I have tested the mod. The front wing to lose now at 10 km/h direct crash. :)
If you drive an angle against the wall, get the tire damage at 50 km/h (air out). At 100 km/h tire breaks off. :)
On the original game you could go diagonally at 300 km/h against the wall and with the tires, nothing happened. :-(
This is a great Mod!!!!!!!

(the text was translated with Google :))

EDIT: And in the race, the AI behaves totally real. A lap of Yas Marina and only one car lost a little piece wing. Very exemplary.

Last edited:
I have tested the mod. The front wing to lose now at 10 km/h direct crash. :)
If you drive an angle against the wall, get the tire damage at 50 km/h (air out). At 100 km/h tire breaks off. :)
On the original game you could go diagonally at 300 km/h against the wall and with the tires, nothing happened. :-(
This is a great Mod!!!!!!!

(the text was translated with Google :))

EDIT: And in the race, the AI behaves totally real. A lap of Yas Marina and only one car lost a little piece wing. Very exemplary.

Tango, I'm very happy you like it. I created this mod without any feedback, thank you that you give us the yours. What do you think about speed/damage calibration? What do you think can be improved?
I'm working on a big update for V 2.0 :)

Tango, I'm very happy you like it. I created this mod without any feedback, thank you that you give us the yours. What do you think about speed/damage calibration? What do you think can be improved?
I'm working on a big update for V 2.0 :)

I will test the mod on the weekend in detail. Then I go at different speeds in the wall and watch what happens. I will then report.

Until now I could not see anything negative. Riding is so much more fun.

After several races, I am now of the opinion: The AI behaves absolutely realistic. The damage model and the frequency of damage as well.

I am absolutely delighted with the mod :)

Unfortunately, I can no longer go online. :(

Hey.
With this damage mod installed my results won't upload to racenet. I've deleted the decals folder and replaced it with my original and now my results are uploading again.
Just to let you know, I use it without the decals folder

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 126 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 66 6.8%
  • < 5 years