Resource icon

Misc Realistic Damage Mod 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
CW. submitted a new resource:

Realistic Damage Mod - If you ever watched one of Aarava's survive episodes you'll know what this is...

Realistic Damage Mod

This is only the first version of the mod - The damage model is very sensitive so the slightest bit of contact causes a big crash. At the moment it's just for a bit of fun but later (maybe about the week beginning 29th) I'll work on having lower levels so fewer crashes but more realistic.

If you are having problems installing or want to use this mod and keep your current performance mod watch this:

Read more about this resource...

Sup. Read you'll be adding in more realistic values in the next week or so. If you do, can you please post the values for manual editing? The file itself would conflict with the original 'Not Created Equal' performance mod (.vtf files), I wouldn't mind some manually editing if I had to. Thanks!

Sup. Read you'll be adding in more realistic values in the next week or so. If you do, can you please post the values for manual editing? The file itself would conflict with the original 'Not Created Equal' performance mod (.vtf files), I wouldn't mind some manually editing if I had to. Thanks!
Watch this from 1:40 onwards
the values are in the comments section and at the bottom of the mod page

Maybe something like 5.5 for the suspension speedthreshold (the one that is normally 7)
A higher puncture probability like 0.8 or 0.9 and a bit lower threshold like 0.4 or something (these aren't tyre wear punctures but punctures from collisions)
The wing damage speed threshold 3 -> 2 or 1.5 because F1 cars can damage their wings even at low speeds
And decrease the SideDetachScale to something like 0.3 or 0.25

Not got any time to test these values though so anyone else can post suggestions

After some testing, I feel like these values are the most realistic however there is no fixing the issue where you can go 200 mph at a wall and only lose your front wing.
Also, it's nice to see someone use my Audi Red Bull mod :thumbsup:
<F1SuspensionDamage>
<SpeedThreshold value="5" />
<FrontDamageScale value="1.00" />
<RearDamageScale value="1.00" />
<WheelDetachScale value="1.000000" />
<PartsDetachScale value="0.75" />
<PunctureProbability value="0.75" />
<PunctureThreshold value="0.3" />
</F1SuspensionDamage>
<F1WingDamage>
<SpeedThreshold value="2" />
<DamageScale value="0.0001" />
<ChassisDamageMultiple value="0.9" />
<SideDetachScale value="0.25" />
<FullDetachScale value="0.5" />

Last edited:
After some testing, I feel like these values are the most realistic however there is no fixing the issue where you can go 200 mph at a wall and only lose your front wing.
Also, it's nice to see someone use my Audi Red Bull mod :thumbsup:
<F1SuspensionDamage>
<SpeedThreshold value="5" />
<FrontDamageScale value="1.00" />
<RearDamageScale value="1.00" />
<WheelDetachScale value="1.000000" />
<PartsDetachScale value="0.75" />
<PunctureProbability value="0.75" />
<PunctureThreshold value="0.3" />
</F1SuspensionDamage>
<F1WingDamage>
<SpeedThreshold value="2" />
<DamageScale value="0.0001" />
<ChassisDamageMultiple value="0.9" />
<SideDetachScale value="0.25" />
<FullDetachScale value="0.5" />
I'll be sure to include these when I release the update with all the damage levels

In small situations i think damage is too high, but do I changes values to where? Like to make it less sensitive do I change <FrontDamageScale value="1.001" /> to <FrontDamageScale value="1.002" />? And how much will that example change?

In small situations i think damage is too high, but do I changes values to where? Like to make it less sensitive do I change <FrontDamageScale value="1.001" /> to <FrontDamageScale value="1.002" />? And how much will that example change?
Mainly change the speed thresholds
Changing it by a small amount won't do a lot but if you change it in increments of 0.5 or 1 then you will see differneces

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 381 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 306 13.0%