Resource icon

Misc Realistic Crash Dynamic - Car Flip 1

Login or Register an account to download this content
auroboros submitted a new resource:

Realistic Crash Dynamic - Car Flip Mod (version 1) - flip mod

Mod for achieving a natural dynamic flip during a crash.

Please note that all cars will have less downforce and you will feel every bump of the track with this mod!
Also, if you suffer from input lag (V-Sync etc.) you can make your car more responsive by lowering <crashSpinAngle float="80.0" /> value.

For those who are using a mod which has this file modded, here's a quick guide too...
1. Download Ryder BXML Converter here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/ego-engine-app-bxml-converter.52146/
2. Convert ai_vehicle_config.xml (found in ai folder)
3. Open with notepad and edit the line...

Read more about this resource...

Did you try a similar crash before you made this mod? I've flipped the car exactly like this (same corner) before without any such mods.

Also, I really suspect if the changed value actually does anything shown in the video, since it's in ai_vehicle_config. If anything I'd expect maybe the AI cars to flip more easily with the suggested change than the players car.

Just my thoughts, keep experimenting ;)!

Also worth checking out is the car_monitor_setup.xml file in main f1 folder.

If you have Grid if I remember correctly it had some info about the values in the file.

Did you try a similar crash before you made this mod? I've flipped the car exactly like this (same corner) before without any such mods.

Also, I really suspect if the changed value actually does anything shown in the video, since it's in ai_vehicle_config. If anything I'd expect maybe the AI cars to flip more easily with the suggested change than the players car.

Just my thoughts, keep experimenting ;)!

Thanks for the input. I tested this mod for a couple of hours switching back and forth with the modded and original file. I experienced a clear difference in crash dynamics with the modded file. All cars involved in the crash behave like they should physically. What I presume is that by opening the flip degree from default 30.0 to 360.0 it has allowed cars to crash without physical or dynamic restriction (if that makes sense to you). I am aware you can flip in a crash with the default file but for example with my video, the crash was extremely intense with natural momentum which was only possible by the mod.

Best wishes

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 304 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%
  • < 5 years