• "Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like hell." - Peter Brock
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RealFeel - Too much judder.

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Paul Godden, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Godden

Paul Godden

Ratings:
    +0
    I really like RealFeel, but after having a quick blast around the old LeMans track, I've noticed that when going down the straight, there is a lot of judder.

When I turn down the FF to get rid of the judder, or minimise it, it feels a bit rubbish in the corners, like my 1979 Ferrari F1 car has amazing power steering! :)

My question is - is there a way to counteract the judder down the straights, while keeping the force the same for normal turning in etc?

2. Paul Godden

Paul Godden

Ratings:
    +0
    Any ideas?

I'm frightened going down the straight will shake the fillings out of my teeth!:)

3. Patrick van Driel

Patrick van Driel

Ratings:
    +1
    I dont know , how about speed sensitive steering can you adjust that ?
    I dont use FFB just power steering so maybe someone can help you with some advice.

4. Paul Godden

Paul Godden

Ratings:
    +0
    I do have a bit of speed sensitivity set up already.

OK, I'll have a play about with the settings tonight, and if I suss it out (doubtful), I'll post my results on this thread. :nod:

5. Jim McGhee

Jim McGhee

Ratings:
    +0
    I find FFB to weak, and stock Ff to strong (on full) I tend to have FFB on at 60%

6. Steve Clowes

Steve Clowes

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried running the Realfeel console (set to "True" in the realfeel.ini in your main rfactor directory) while racing at Le Mans in your car of choice?

The right-most column of percentages should not exceed 100%. If it does, you need to raise the Realfeel value using Ctrl+Numpad 4/6 (left does changes in 1000 units, right fine tunes in 100 units).

Many people blindly set Realfeel for their cars with no logic behind the value set. Personally, when I want to get a good ballpark figure for my setup, I use the Realfeel console to find the highest forces that exist while driving round Oulton Park (full course with all optional chicanes).

7. Paul Godden

Paul Godden

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I'll give that a go - it seems to be something that isn't talked about a lot, at least as far as I can make out..

BTW, saw you on the public server with the Meganes! Wow that was fun - NOT :D

8. Michael Lam

Michael Lam

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you copied the suggested FFB settings supplied with Real Feel into your "Controller.ini" file which is found in your Player name folder?

9. Paul Godden

Paul Godden

Ratings:
    +0
    Ummm No I haven't - I wasn't aware they were there - I only found out last night that each different version readme for RealFeel has more information in it about the operation of the plugin.. A little confusing..

I did however tweak the settings after using the console and it got a lot better. I will try copying over some of the settings to the controller.ini tonight to see if it helps.

Thanks for your help! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.