RealFeel - Too much judder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like RealFeel, but after having a quick blast around the old LeMans track, I've noticed that when going down the straight, there is a lot of judder.

When I turn down the FF to get rid of the judder, or minimise it, it feels a bit rubbish in the corners, like my 1979 Ferrari F1 car has amazing power steering! :)

My question is - is there a way to counteract the judder down the straights, while keeping the force the same for normal turning in etc?

Have you tried running the Realfeel console (set to "True" in the realfeel.ini in your main rfactor directory) while racing at Le Mans in your car of choice?

The right-most column of percentages should not exceed 100%. If it does, you need to raise the Realfeel value using Ctrl+Numpad 4/6 (left does changes in 1000 units, right fine tunes in 100 units).

Many people blindly set Realfeel for their cars with no logic behind the value set. Personally, when I want to get a good ballpark figure for my setup, I use the Realfeel console to find the highest forces that exist while driving round Oulton Park (full course with all optional chicanes).

Ummm No I haven't - I wasn't aware they were there - I only found out last night that each different version readme for RealFeel has more information in it about the operation of the plugin.. A little confusing..

I did however tweak the settings after using the console and it got a lot better. I will try copying over some of the settings to the controller.ini tonight to see if it helps.

Thanks for your help! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 244 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.9%
  • < 4 years