Real Time Telemetry

houpssss , I have tested with MOTEC,

in PLR file, I have:

Data Acquisition Rate="10" // rates 1, 2 ,5, *10*, 20, 50, 100
Data Acquisition In Race="1"

look this , he doesn't work properly with Data Acquisition In Race="0" :(

I have not had chance to test this yet, but in the past when I had motec data acquisition enabled (ie the settings you mention), then I am fairly sure it was disabled automatically during an online race ... meaning ... that this setting won't change anything regarding online race lap times, etc during an online event.

Could be wrong on this (but don't think I am) - maybe you try to check where the Simtools guy is his data from, as that does not need Motec data collection to be enabled (which can also slow the PC's performance and lead to stuttering in some cases due to disk writes).

Just trying to help ... so pls don't take this as negative criticism :wink:

I haven't dived into the details, but SimTools used a Shared Memory Area which the SimBin games write the data to (can be configured in the configuration file as well). Am not sure whether that's the same as the Motec interface.

... no I believe they are different data sources - I run both of these tools side by side at the moment and the Simtools stuff gives different data at different times to DinoSead's tool.

It's a monitor displaying various pieces of information, - tyre temperature, brake temperature, damage. I think it displays split times and lap times too.
it is that and a whole lot more
http://www.motec.com.au/
not much has been said of it in race07 but there is plenty of info for motec in gtr2, try this as a place to start http://www.blimeygames.com/files/GTR2 MoTeC i2 Pro Beginners Guide.pdf

or
http://www.thegamersedge.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=378

RE: Motec ... definitely works really well, provides loads of cool data and is funky and all, but for me personally its just a bit toooo much right now.

I find tools like the real time telemetry or SimView (displayed on a 2nd monitor) allow me to drive and fiddle with settings simultaneaously without having to spend 2 hours in motec screens figuring out what it all means ... maybe if I get a bit more serious then I might start doing this, but for now, am eager to drive and have fun.

BTW - Motec can also have a performance impact on your PC, as enabling it basically starts detailed logwriting to disc in the background, so it can produce occasional stutters if you have slow discs or are near limits of your machine already.

Jesus, just looked at MoTeC for the first time and ow, my brain hurts.

It's very useful though, as tyre temperatures/pressures are what I'm focusing on at the moment, and it gives excellent detail.

• David Hal

Got it, thanks.

1 Question;
Whats are the changes, beside the new option of "Update"?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 440 39.5%