Real Time Telemetry

Jim Hawley

PrestoGP Veteran
I was wondering what the rest of you chaps use for this?

I have tried the motec xd but I didn't like the way it messed up the steam overlay, I have a second screen so last night I tried to install the velocprod program but my AV removed it instantly

Is there something else that works or is my AV giving me a false+ on the velocprod files?

Jim

For me I turn off XD, when racing but do come back to it a few times in the race to check engine heath, if i can set it to a higher boost setting(Rfactor only guys) also keep an eye on brakes etc......
but i do my homework before so I know most info that i need to know.

This one works on a separate monitor Jim:

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=25143

A great application!

Yes, I use this on my (cough) 4th screen:rolleyes:, and it works perfectly. Currently it's most important feauture is that it tells me on and off path wetness. It tells me everything else as well, but as Peter sais, during race I don't have time to focus on that.

During practice it is very helpful that it tells me everything from sector times to brake temps and tyre wear.

Comes highly recommended!

...Currently it's most important feauture is that it tells me on and off path wetness...

oh, this would have been helpfull at Singapore, because it took me a while to notice, that next to the line it was more wet and slippery...

I don't have the money for a 2nd screen, but i'm very happy with the motec XD overlay. It tells me enough i need to know.

I don't have the money for a 2nd screen, but i'm very happy with the motec XD overlay. It tells me enough i need to know.

In case it seems like I am made of money with my 4 screens (and private jet ;) ) I must say I have "accumulated" my screens over several years. I have one 19" wide and 3x17" 4:3. The 19" is mine but the three other screens are screens that are not used anymore where they used to live and thus ended up with me. (Ok, it helps to work in an IT-company).

My point is that a second screen (the smaller the better) for telemetry you can probably get very cheap, maybe even for free if you are willing to use an old fashion CRT. (Not saying that you should buy one Reik, but if anybody thinks it sounds cool with a seperate telemetry screen it does not need to be expensive if one is willing to buy second hand)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back