• SenseR

Hello All,

Should the file be saved as for use in GTR-Evo? :embarrassed:
(with the Nvidia plugin and 6 mipmaps?)

Thanks.

Sens.

Screenshot vs Rendering

Hi guys

Just a quick question. The rules state that you have to submit a screenshot. Could you please be more explicit as to what you mean by screenshot?

The reason I ask is that you will undoubtably receive a whole lot of beautifully rendered 3D screenshots with the car in high detail etc.

While I appreciate the skill involved (I too have done this before) I do not think it is fair to those entrants who do not have the software to produce these rendered images.

Could I suggest that screenshots be limited to in game screenshots?

Just a thought.

Can't wait to see the entries :):thumb:

Hi guys

Just a quick question. The rules state that you have to submit a screenshot. Could you please be more explicit as to what you mean by screenshot?

The reason I ask is that you will undoubtably receive a whole lot of beautifully rendered 3D screenshots with the car in high detail etc.

While I appreciate the skill involved (I too have done this before) I do not think it is fair to those entrants who do not have the software to produce these rendered images.

Could I suggest that screenshots be limited to in game screenshots?

Just a thought.

Can't wait to see the entries :):thumb:

Coming from a 3D designing & rendering background myself i think that there is a huge difference between asking for a screenshot and asking for a render.
Since the meaning of this contest is about having a skin for the beta test with gtr-evo it is only fair that entries should be an ingame screenshot where the lighting and shading etc. are set by the game engine so that everyone has the same amount of detail etc. Imo a render made by any 3D program is not a solid way of showing what a car looks like ingame.

I have the skin pretty much done, just want to test. Bummer is, I can't render .PSD files as .DDS on Win7 64-bit (Nvidia drivers are not supported by 64-bit).

If anyone has some kind of solution to this, I would appreciate it, 'cause I don't want to be bugging Aritan to save it for me :p

• SenseR

I have the skin pretty much done, just want to test. Bummer is, I can't render .PSD files as .DDS on Win7 64-bit (Nvidia drivers are not supported by 64-bit).

If anyone has some kind of solution to this, I would appreciate it, 'cause I don't want to be bugging Aritan to save it for me :p

No rendering here either on Win7 64bit bro :coffee2:
But, screens will do I read.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back