Real life throws a curve ball...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
Fellas, it is with great sadness that I tell you guys that I have to quit helping Thommo out as staff. This past year has been an awesome learning experience for me, and I still have a lot more to learn. But like the title of this thread states...Real life can be a real pain in the ass.

Thommo and Bo knew this was coming, the rest of you were not aware, so I'm letting you in now.
Things have been quite unstable at work these past few months. Basically, for several reasons, we have been running short on staff and the budget doesn't allow for new employees. So we have all been shuffled around to cover the shifts that were short. I have always worked the night shift, which is how I'm able to race with you guys at my 3pm. But starting April 4th, I will be working from 7am to 3:30pm and getting home at around 4:00 to 4:15pm. Which means I'll be getting home when you guys have already started race 2 of the events.

The good thing is that I won't disappear completely (you all thought you had gotten rid of me eh? lol). I have one weekday off every week. This day is supposed to be a random/floating day. But I have requested that they try to give me as many Tuesdays and Thursdays as possible. I even managed to get most of the league Thursdays off (yay!!!). This is enough to take part in about half of the events, but it's not enough to continue my position as staff.

I will still help out any way that I can, whether it be with testing cars/tracks for a league or maybe skinning some of your cars or anything else that I may be able to help out with, given I have the time.

Please keep in mind that I'm stepping down because my new shift doesn't allow me to continue, and not because I don't enjoy my job here. You guys are an awesome bunch, Thommo is an awesome Boss, and RD is an awesome place to volunteer my time at.

I will miss setting up races for you guys and seeing the part in your race report where you thank me for it. Your gratitude for my time always meant a lot to me.

:frown: RL never quite gives us what we want mate. You have done a sterling job on GTL Tuesdays, and the Boss series just caps it all off. I hope life gives you a break, and you find a winning lottery ticket soon :wink: :drink:

Congrats and thanks for stepping up Hutcho, I know you and Thommo will bring more Historic goodness our way.

p.s. Awesome banner Kris :banana:

Now that this is all a bit more common knowledge and everyone is up to speed, I'd like to take the chance to add my thanks to Carlos for what, I'm sure you'll all agree, has been a superb job of staffing this section by him.

His professionalism to checking out and testing the many variables led to some very inventive matches, often looking wrong on paper but always coming up trumps in the events. He has rarely ever put a foot wrong on the events for us, often introducing new cars or using track layouts as an equalising factor to make the matches always interesting.

I know that he still beats himself up about one event that the rest of us can barely recall (and a slight format tweak made it a great event in it's own right anyway), but the measure of the man is that memory of that one event is the yardstick he always uses to make sure that it never happens again - not on his watch. :)

It's been a pleasure and an honour to have worked alongside you mate, and I hope you get an many Tuesdays and Thursdays off as they'll let you have.

I want to carry on driving with my friend.

T.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years