Real Challenge Physics MOD

MGP17 Real Challenge Physics MOD 3.0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi @Irland Fariz! Thanks for your feedback.

Let's see your questions:

1. More grip on the kerb: They are with the same grip of the tarmac (BETA 2.1), i turned it even more soft trying to make it shake less. But Milestone did all the track's kerbs like this:

21115089461761572054.jpg

So it's impossible to make it with more grip, because the bike starts to shaking at this point...

2. Increase the wobble while braking: The variables that i need to change to make this happen are also the same to make the bikes have a skidding entrance in the corner. So if i make what you wanted, the skidding will become too easy to make. What i'm talking is this:

That thing cannot be much easy to do, but we must be able to do it. The mod is balanced to make it possible, but at same time, challenging. Making you wonder if you must use it or not and in what corners to use it...

3. More slide and shaking at corner exit: like the item 2, if i do that, will became wonderful to see, but not very challenging. The mod does this slides and shakes, but it depend of your hands be smooth enough to not have a highside crash.

But i'm still working on the mod, and if i found something that can improve those itens without influenciates in those others, there is no doubt that i will do tweak this things!

Hi @Irland Fariz! Thanks for your feedback.

Let's see your questions:

1. More grip on the kerb: They are with the same grip of the tarmac (BETA 2.1), i turned it even more soft trying to make it shake less. But Milestone did all the track's kerbs like this:

21115089461761572054.jpg

So it's impossible to make it with more grip, because the bike starts to shaking at this point...

2. Increase the wobble while braking: The variables that i need to change to make this happen are also the same to make the bikes have a skidding entrance in the corner. So if i make what you wanted, the skidding will become too easy to make. What i'm talking is this:

That thing cannot be much easy to do, but we must be able to do it. The mod is balanced to make it possible, but at same time, challenging. Making you wonder if you must use it or not and in what corners to use it...

3. More slide and shaking at corner exit: like the item 2, if i do that, will became wonderful to see, but not very challenging. The mod does this slides and shakes, but it depend of your hands be smooth enough to not have a highside crash.
But i'm still working on the mod, and if i found something that can improve those itens without influenciates in those others, there is no doubt that i will do tweak this things!

i understand, but overall this is an amazing mod, and i believe you will make an fantastic improvement in the future , i cant wait for the further update , and also this mod will be so wonderful if you can combine the realistic racing feeling and challenging feeling thats what i think perfect but idk the other will think the same.

Last edited:
I'm having an issue, when I come out of cornering, the bike seems to want to do mini wheelies like it's bouncing on the front end. I use auto tuck but I didn't have this problem with the previous versions.

About the mini wheelies, yeah, I've just tested the mod at Sachsenring and the bike starts doing them after the last corner. I think it can be fixed easily, just use longer 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear ratios and do as real riders do, keep leaning the bike in the straight. The Anti-wheelie in game cuts the throttle to 0% I think, it is a little bit annoying, not sure if that could be adjusted.

About the mod, looks pretty good, players using analog devices will enjoy it more than those using keyboard imho.

BTW I was playing and I thought that you had increased the bike's torque a lot, but then I took a look at the value and you've reduced it, wtf?

I'm having an issue, when I come out of cornering, the bike seems to want to do mini wheelies like it's bouncing on the front end. I use auto tuck but I didn't have this problem with the previous versions.

It was intended to do it... I don't know if you watch the qualifying sessions, but those mini-wheelies are pretty common when you're running for time.

In the mod, this could be annoying, because i don't made the AI being more slow at race session. So you need to put as many effort as you must put in a QP for a race and what i want is to you do this kind of riding for a QP, and slow down at the race to save the tires...

Are you running BETA 2 Jimbo or the new BETA 2.1?

In BETA 2 the anti-wheelie effect was too intrusive but in BETA 2.1 for me it is much better..

[...]
BTW I was playing and I thought that you had increased the bike's torque a lot, but then I took a look at the value and you've reduced it, wtf?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The secret is at engineMapping. I changed everything there. It controls how much force for each RPM range. So i need to make changes there to have some specific behaviors. For example, i read somewhere that the ducati have less torque at lower RPMs and starts to delivers it's power at the middle-to-high RPMs... so it's impossible to get this behavior just tweaking the MaxTorque value... ;)

It was intended to do it... I don't know if you watch the qualifying sessions, but those mini-wheelies are pretty common when you're running for time.

In the mod, this could be annoying, because i don't made the AI being more slow at race session. So you need to put as many effort as you must put in a QP for a race and what i want is to you do this kind of riding for a QP, and slow down at the race to save the tires...
Does this mod also apply to moto 2? They feel lovely!

Does this mod also apply to moto 2? They feel lovely!
For now it's working in a "standard" way. I mean, everything is there, but not so evolved as the motogp category.

I'm going to mod everything in this order :

First: Bikes Behavior
Second: AI against the new physics;

In this class order:

1. Motogp
2. Moto2
3. Moto3
4. Legends 4Strokes
5. Legends 2Strokes
6. Legends 250cc
7. Legends 125cc

So i think we get a good version of the MGP bikes, now i'll focus on the AI. When i finish, i will pass to the next class...

Taking in consideration the time that i had to configure everything at my Ride 2 mod, after i manage to have a good config in the motogp class, the others will come more fastly.

For now it's working in a "standard" way. I mean, everything is there, but not so evolved as the motogp category.

I'm going to mod everything in this order :

First: Bikes Behavior
Second: AI against the new physics;

In this class order:

1. Motogp
2. Moto2
3. Moto3
4. Legends 4Strokes
5. Legends 2Strokes
6. Legends 250cc
7. Legends 125cc

So i think we get a good version of the MGP bikes, now i'll focus on the AI. When i finish, i will pass to the next class...

Taking in consideration the time that i had to configure everything at my Ride 2 mod, after i manage to have a good config in the motogp class, the others will come more fastly.
Well thank you for your hard work.

This might be a dumb question, but i finally hopped over from PS4 to PC. Mainly cause of MOD support lol. This is the first mod I plan on trying out. Is there any guides or short walkthroughs on how to Install mods on motogp 17. Everything is so foreign to me. I just don't understand how to replace the files.

This might be a dumb question, but i finally hopped over from PS4 to PC. Mainly cause of MOD support lol. This is the first mod I plan on trying out. Is there any guides or short walkthroughs on how to Install mods on motogp 17. Everything is so foreign to me. I just don't understand how to replace the files.

Well as a very first stage at trying a mod out you are in luck. With this one all you have to do is download the zip file. Unzip it then replace the data.mix file in your motogp 17 game folder (just search out your Steam folder on c drive and find motogp 17 .. Steam > steamapps > common > motogp 17). Back-up your original data.mix file first (cut and paste it into perhaps a different folder for "back-ups" within your motogp 17 main game folder. Just create a folder, name it "back-ups" and simply cut and paste your original data.mix file in there for safe keeping. Then just paste in the new data.mix file from the zip file into your motogp 17 main game folder. Hey presto! You are ready to go..

It really is as easy as that to sample Dyego's BETA 2.1 version simulation physics.

If you want add-on tracks or you want to merge mods then it does get slightly more complicated.. but it's still pretty easy. You just need to unpack the data.mix files etc. before you can change or merge files.. So you need a utility to allow you to unpack the .mix files.. The one most people use is Mixfile_ReMixer_v0_2_0 which you can download from the downloads section here at Race Department.

Hope that helps!

The physics on this make Milestone's Pro Physics feel and look like Peppa Pig Racing so you're in luck.. ;)

Last edited:
Well as a very first stage at trying a mod out you are in luck. With this one all you have to do is download the zip file. Unzip it then replace the data.mix file in your motogp 17 game folder (just search out your Steam folder on c drive and find motogp 17 .. Steam > steamapps > common > motogp 17). Back-up your original data.mix file first (cut and paste it into perhaps a different folder for "back-ups" within your motogp 17 main game folder. Just create a folder, name it "back-ups" and simply cut and paste your original data.mix file in there for safe keeping. Then just paste in the new data.mix file from the zip file into your motogp 17 main game folder. Hey presto! You are ready to go..

It really is as easy as that to sample Dyego's BETA 2.1 version simulation physics.

If you want add-on tracks or you want to merge mods then it does get slightly more complicated.. but it's still pretty easy. You just need to unpack the data.mix files etc. before you can change or merge files.. So you need a utility to allow you to unpack the .mix files.. The one most people use is Mixfile_ReMixer_v0_2_0 which you can download from the downloads section here at Race Department.

Hope that helps!

The physics on this make Milestone's Pro Physics feel and look like Peppa Pig Racing so you're in luck.. ;)

Thank you very much, i'm going to give it a go right now! That breakdown really makes it a lot more clear.

Top speed doesn't match reality, 6th gear is too short.
I got 312 on Mugello with Yamaha and 317 with Ducati, while real speeds of this year were 344 for Yamaha and 354 for Ducati.
This problem happens for each track, with different top speeds between the tracks (i think gear ratio is automatically changed by the game based on the track) but for every track it is always too slow compared to real speeds.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back