Real Challenge Physics MOD

MGP17 Real Challenge Physics MOD 3.0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Two people complaining about the same thing, probably it exists... I never play with auto tuck-in so I never got this... I'll have a try as soon as I can!

What many people do Dyego is to select "auto-tuck" but then to manually override this by pressing a designated "tuck" button on their gamepad controller when they want to "tuck".. This is the method that to my knowledge all league racers adopt (at least everyone I have spoken to who I have raced with) as you get the "best of both worlds". Auto tuck makes sure you are tucked-in as required on the straights but then by doing it this way you still have full control and versatility on corner entry, transition from braking to leaning to throttle through and past the apex and on corner exit.. you can manually "tuck" as you require.."re-tuck" and adjust as necessary. On the straights it doesn't matter with auto-tuck and you can relax & rest your hands a bit..

That's the theory I think with going "auto-tuck".. People tend to get slightly quicker lap-times that way also I think. ;)

Well, when I am riding and getting out of the corner sliding is much more stable when "untucked" and in this game you can control the "tuck" but not the "untuck" when this option is setted to "on".

I'll see what I can do...

The problem occurs because I removed the assistants. Even you putting PRO simulation the game stills helping you with some things.

So, in fact, I DID changed this things, but wasn't my intention...

Now I'm wondering: You guys not prefer to have the truly control of the bike and all possible aspects of riding?
I for once play with all assists off. BUT, automatic tuck in is something that i need. Without it i do not feel confident, i do not feel good, and therefore i do not feel fast. If you so much need everything real, i would guess maybe release the mod with two versions, one which is "custom", and one that would be called "real". But please please please, if you go down the route where i will not have the option to choose automatic tuck in, i will have to quit the mod, and therefore the game because i only enjoy this game with your mod.

What does this exactly mean? That the bike will brake?
Yep. But when you're braking with too much force (commonly with some decline) the bike may start to get a stoppie... the vanilla automatically releases the brake to avoid it (no matter the level of simulation you choose), now it is YOU who must control your hands! I deactivated the whole help, but for some reason Milestone put the auto-tuckin together with the other helps (like auto-brake or steering assistance).

Yep. But when you're braking with too much force (commonly with some decline) the bike may start to get a stoppie... the vanilla automatically releases the brake to avoid it (no matter the level of simulation you choose), now it is YOU who must control your hands! I deactivated the whole help, but for some reason Milestone put the auto-tuckin together with the other helps (like auto-brake or steering assistance).

what update is that ? What's your latest one?

That's interesting. So we are back in this respect (approximately) to the same effect that was present in the Pro Physics mode in motogp13. I remember very well the requirement to pull back on the left thumbstick to stop the rear wheel lifting on heavy braking.. If you didn't do this properly on motogp13 you simply were not able to be competitive on most circuits. So for me this is an interesting enhancement. Yet to try this myself yet. Will do this latter tonight.

Good work Dyego!

grT :)

Well... I was introduced to Bike games in this year (2013), so I was too dumb to know these things!

I've started with Tourist Trophy (old game already in that year) and then started to play MGP13...

Let's see your impressions guys!

It's very nice for me this latest beta version Dyego. It's poised on a knife-edge. On the brakes the challenge is very much there. Still a nice feel to the bike in setting it up for a corner. Nice "flex" and feel to the handling still on corner entry and when scrubbing off the speed and trailing it in.. But more of a fine line to it. That's what I'm feeling..

It's good.

What I don't think seems possible with Milestone's physics model is getting a front end slide through a bend without the front brake on..simply by going in too "hot". Same thing with the rear end.. Ditto a two wheel drift when doing the same thing.. so that the front and rear tyre drift simply because you have gone beyond the level of grip of the tyres. To get this in motogp17 you have to be applying the brakes slightly (trail braking).. On gp500 by Milestone you could still be drifting even off the brakes in you went in too "hot".. Controlling such slides was an additional challenge, particularly on worn tyres, in gp500.

But Dyego what you have achieved with what Milestone have given us by way of their physics model is pretty amazing in my book.

Good work!

I still really like the previous version and also version 2.8 (which feels quite a bit different now). All three are very good. For league racing (if it became possible) I would personally edge towards version 2.8 as maybe it is slightly more "manageable". But racing these online is a bit of a pipe-dream I think in all honesty.

These enhancements that yourself and Giovane have conjured up are brilliant in my book and put Milestone to shame.. Milestone really, for my tastes, have dumbed down motogp too much now..

grT :)

Thanks grT!!

Can you post a video with what you talking about??

I'll try to find something if I can to illustrate this..

Basically though what I am talking about is a drift or a slide (including a two wheel drift) caused not by being on the brakes or throttle but by simply leaning over too much..so that the tyres "let-go" a bit and the bike slides and by sliding scrubs off speed and grips again. So a slide not initiated by too much throttle or too much braking force but a slide caused simply by the tyres exceeding their maximum grip level .. My Dad who raced many years in real life told me about this on the fast Corams Curve at Snetterton. On a really hot day on worn tyres he was two wheel drifting round Corams. Not because he squeezed the throttle on too much to break traction on the rear end but simply because the rear started sliding and set the front off at the same time.. So a product of reduced tyre grip and lean angle. Also he got this into hairpins from the rear end.

In gp500 by Melbourne House on warn tyres you were able to stimulate this effect. "Low-sides" were as much a risk in that racing game as "highsides" on the throttle. In motogp17 genuine "low-side" crashes from my experience are very rare..

Hope that makes sense?

Last edited:
Dyego, I think you're a very good physics modder. But I need you to explain in simple words (my english is very bad), what are the difference between your latest mod update and the previous ones...

I'll try to find something if I can to illustrate this..

Basically though what I am talking about is a drift or a slide (including a two wheel drift) caused not by being on the brakes or throttle but by simply leaning over too much..so that the tyres "let-go" a bit and the bike slides and by sliding scrubs off speed and grips again. So a slide not initiated by too much throttle or too much braking force but a slide caused simply by the tyres exceeding their maximum grip level .. My Dad who raced many years in real life told me about this on the fast Corams Curve at Snetterton. On a really hot day on worn tyres he was two wheel drifting round Corams. Not because he squeezed the throttle on too much to break traction on the rear end but simply because the rear started sliding and set the front off at the same time.. So a product of reduced tyre grip and lean angle. Also he got this into hairpins from the rear end.

In gp500 by Melbourne House on warn tyres you were able to stimulate this effect. "Low-sides" were as much a risk in that racing game as "highsides" on the throttle. In motogp17 genuine "low-side" crashes from my experience are very rare..

Hope that makes sense?
So, basically, is a slide when you push over limit of the tyre? The chance to being fu%$#d is very high! :confused:

Well, i think isn't possible in this game, because the lean limit can be passed only if forcing the braking. So if you put 56 degrees of lean angle, you only can get over this limit by braking. if you accel, the bike get up or remains. while braking it becomes unstable and starts to lean down (and if you force too much: lowside).

But push the tyre limit by forcing the lean angle the game do not do...

So, basically, is a slide when you push over limit of the tyre? The chance to being fu%$#d is very high! :confused:

Well, i think isn't possible in this game, because the lean limit can be passed only if forcing the braking. So if you put 56 degrees of lean angle, you only can get over this limit by braking. if you accel, the bike get up or remains. while braking it becomes unstable and starts to lean down (and if you force too much: lowside).

But push the tyre limit by forcing the lean angle the game do not do...

That's exactly what I thought Dyego. I think it's a design flaw in Milestone's physics engine that cannot be easily overcome by modding the game files. I think it's just the way it is. It's a shame because if we could do this it would add imo some greater depth and realism to the game. But it is what it is and clearly it is not easy to change this.. Convincing "low-sides" have always been missing from Milestone m/c racing games dating back to SBK 2000 and SBK 2001. Unless, as you say, you are on the brakes on corner entry..

Have you ever tried gp500 Dyego? I think in this respect you would be pleasantly surprised by what the game offers in terms of low-sides and being careful on cold or worn tyres how far over you lean the bike. You can feel it going..and you have to respond smoothly and quickly by lifting the bike up slightly. Just like in real life. Tyres in real life have obviously come on a long way since the 1990s but in the "right" conditions on cold or wearing tyres even motogp bikes will "low-side" to this day, even in the dry.. Anyway, I just thought I would mention this to check what might be possible to do.. No worries.

Otherwise, I have to say, once again, that what you have achieved compared to Milestone's "vanilla" Pro Physics is breathtaking. You should work for Milestone..! ;)

grT

Dyego, I had my own data mix modded, but I wanted a higher difficulty so I just copied your data/vehicles folder into mine and now suddenly all the AI track times changed. Why?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 87 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 43 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 94 13.7%