Real Challenge Physics MOD

MGP17 Real Challenge Physics MOD 3.0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
@Dyego JhOu I am sorry I am this late to respond, but I finally had more time to test.
I play with everything on the highest difficulty and realism settings and 50% race distance.

Here are my MOTOGP ONLY observations of Version 2.6:

1. Biggest issue to me - too much braking power. While a MotoGP bike clearly has the capability to brake from up to 345km/h down to 80 km/h in a comparatively short distance, it still requires just about 200m meters to stop the bike. We see this all the time in real life, a tad too late on the brakes and they run wide. Not falling down by the way, simply running wide. Seems to be impossible to experience this in your mod. Even when braking what would be too late, the bike can be stopped.

2. Bike does not feel "alive" under braking. Slows down considerably smooth and fast with no "chatter" at all.

3. Acceleration feels very good. You can make mistakes when careless which is realistic and gives you a nice feel of speed.

4. Engine braking (engine mapping) is way too strong. Soon as I let go of the throttle, the bike drops a lot of speed in a very short time without having used front or rear brake.

5. Cornering once again feels realistic.

6. Unrealistic lap times

Overall, I can appreciate the positive elements of your mod, lots of potential, but again just personally, without modifications to the braking and therefore raising the lap times (unrealistic lap times - certain tracks up to 3 seconds faster) it just feels a bit too arcade-style. And while there is no such thing as a perfect mod, I'd like to suggest looking into Gioveterano's Mod. He manages the braking and with it the lap times almost throughout the entire calendar within hundreds of a second to the real times, while challenging you throughout the lap to keep your tyres alive, suddenly succumb to a low sider, etc.

@rkh, thank you very much for the feedback!

Here is my considerations:

1. I totally agree with you. But, as this is a mod, there are some issues I cannot solve just messing with the configs... I could lower the brake power and increase the instability but I'll lost some nice effects like the bike shaking in strong braking or be difficult to get a lowside crash if you brake smoothly. So if you start to brake in the limit of the mod (not of the real life) you'll get these effects like running wide or get lowside crashes.

2. I think you're not braking at the limit of this mod. All versions os my mod(since 1.0 BETA) the bike shakes a lot under strong braking... This behavior you're talking appears to be you that are starting to braking early for the mod capabilities or running incredible smooth! I do tests with a XBOX 360 joystick, with the brakes setted in the triggers, are you using something more accurate?

3. Nice!

4. Thanks! Gonna have a look on this.

5. OK.

6. This I'll not contest and will not try to correct. Always will be some unrealistic time in some track. They're not accurate with real life, so in my opinion it's useless try to reach this in this game only tweaking configs and not messing in the tracks structures and different grips throughout them...

I couldn't manage to play Gioveterano's mod properly unfortunately. I already played but need more time playing with to get used with the different physics configs. Last time I did I could use 80% of braking power in full leaning if smooth enough. But I need to test this mixed with the limit of the braking and other things of course. I'll surelly play his mod, I'm just tryin to finish mine (or at least reach a confortable version).

My final considerations is to not play this mod with hope of realism feeling. I'm just trying to get the most challenging feeling with less tweaking possible. So things like realistic lap times I do not mind. I'm trying to deliver some realistic behaviors but there are some obvious limitations (you as a moder already know that).

I'm working on the suspensions of the bike now, nothing too much different of the original but it is making too much difference in the middle of the corner and I'm loosing much more time than I expected... And now I'll consider your feedback, so I'm hoping for a bit of time to deliver a version of MotoGP category at least!

Cheers!

Anyone knows why physics for player (playerdata) have a smaller max torque than physics for AI? (standard)
That would be to increase the challenge for you. A.I. tends to be slower in tight corners even after physics modding and you the player will "catch up" in those spots of the track. Since the A.I. has more torque you will be forced to continuously ride on the limit in order to make up for the lack of torque. So, when you pass someone in a corner braking situation, they will be on your ass for much longer and able to fight back. In all mods this has been the best compromise so far.

That would be to increase the challenge for you. A.I. tends to be slower in tight corners even after physics modding and you the player will "catch up" in those spots of the track. Since the A.I. has more torque you will be forced to continuously ride on the limit in order to make up for the lack of torque. So, when you pass someone in a corner braking situation, they will be on your ass for much longer and able to fight back. In all mods this has been the best compromise so far.

Oh ok thanks for the explanation. The antiwheelie will be more efffective on the AI or on the player data?

I've got this antiwheelie bml file and I would like to know the perfect parameters to not have ANY wheelie, I don't like wheelies.

Attachments

• wheelie.jpg
    wheelie.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 223
Yes but have strong potential, now i can't start the race with 100% gas and i can't breake the bike at 100% in curve without fall.
Now i can't hit all riders without
consequences. Your work is amazing, not is important the game lap time or the real life lap time. Is important that now i during a race i think how a real rider.
You have sent your mod at Milestone?
They are very available, they answer ever.
If you can't make better we can call help for a new step over 'pro' in MotoGp18.

Yea, i know some developers.
There's only one thing i would ask them: how to change the speed of the bike only visually?

I'm trying to get a more realistic braking points but always when I do something good something else stops to work properly... I found a way to make it work: but this increases the speed of the bike by 40kmh+/-... if i only could make the HUD show 90% of the real speed that are in the inner properties this would be possible...

I manage to make it work by multiplying the value inside the HUD properties by 9, but I can only do one calculation, if I try to divide it by 10 to get only the digits I want it not works and shows "0". If I leave just multiplied by 9, it shows 3456 kmh (when i want to show 345 only) and inside the variable the real value is +/-380 kmh... If you do know some Milestone dev, please ask for some enlightement! :laugh:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%