Read this before race tonight's race

Hi Guys

As we have several new drivers this season I feel the need to say that last race was a disaster relative to what we could expect (in regards to incidents). I think we must go back to season 7 or even season 6 to find a race with a similar incident record.

Most importantly we had a lap 1 t1 incident, this is what we work the most to avoid, and we have until Hungary been very successful. i have spent a lot of time looking at it and talking to relevant parties, and in my opinion there are two things to learn from it:
  • Having a stressful entry to the race and no time to do some laps and regain the feel of the car will make you more vulnerable to mistakes early in the race. If you are in this situation, take the consequence and be 100% focused on safety and 0% on competition until you are comfortable.

• The more experience you have with your setup, the better it is. Try to settle on a setup as early as possible, and avoid changing it close before race.

We can never secure ourselves 100% against incidents, and when it happens it is important that we are supportive to the biggest victim who is the offender (I claim the offender feels worse than the other involved parties). This however, must not get in the way of learning from the incident.

For tonight’s Spa race everybody needs to be ultra-careful. The start and first lap is not about gaining places, it is about putting all your effort in keeping it clean. it is very hard, it requires all your attention! Being competitive at the start is to be regarded as stealing in ancient Greece; if you were not caught it was legal, but if you were caught the punishment would be harsh. Iow, don’t risk it unless you know you’ll make it.

So to sum up, the Hungaroring race does not in any way set the standard for our expected safety level in our races. Those of us who have raced here for a while know this, but for newer members I needed to put it in perspective. And the pw. tonight is rekefant

Last thing, practice start should be treated as it is the real start. Focus on keeping it clean, we want 3x clean practice start.

Good luck and have fun tonight :) Now I must practice some more to make sure I “walk the walk” ;)

ps: If you find out during the race that you are not able to keep it together there is no shame in esc to garage.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%