PC1 Reaction to the newer builds

I have been avoiding pCARS for a while, because of problems with input lag and laggy graphics at the lowest settings. I decided to give it another try this evening as I had nothing to do. I'm glad I did, as it is massively improved since I last tried it a couple of months ago. I think some fine tuning with regards to my ffb settings and this could be great fun. I'm looking forward to this game, mostly on the consoles, because if there isn't going to be modding, I'd rather have it on there anyway. So to the detractors, I urge you to give it another shot. They are getting there.

Thanks Xose that sounds like a reasonable answer to my question. I can't get my head around the comparison of games though. I would still prefer to have comparison to a standard. Like David above mentions rf2 and GSC. I don't know which is and which isn't that is why I ask these questions and their provenance. I can't speak with any authority on it that is why I ask. I reckon there are a few more here that can't either, but they do and very rudely.
That said, please tell me about the different approach that pCARS is taking. I didn't think it was that far ahead in development to see. Except that they have started with the visuals which is probably a legacy from their former games

I like games with realistic physics/models and just wanted some qualified opinions. If there are any people who have driven any of these modled cars, or even something similar I would like to know. Maybe there are and they are the people who are being so nasty to pCARS. I don't know. What I do like about pCARS is that they have involved the customer right at the start of the project. Just as you would do in real life.

In answer to your point above, the real distance is the one you measure with a device that is calibrated to a standard. That is where simulation comes in. Simulators are precise to specified tolerances if they are any good.

I remember the RAF asking us to model the RR engines for the Jaguar fighter so they could see how they would behave when changed from the French engines.

Andy can tell you about simulation and perhaps you should listen to him as he says he knows what he is talking about and I'm too old to know (63). Even though our sims were expensive tat I would like to point out that all cockpits and cockpit equipment was provided by the RAF. We just interfaced to their equipment.

I signed up again when they launched the zonda, thought it was a bit strange to drive, but I was willing to be patiant with it.

But this latest build is like a step backwards. its glitchy, buggy and the drive is no different from the other (totaly bonkers studio) games, I mean even the new test drive ferrari legends looks the same.
What a waste of time and money.

I have uninstalled it and dont care any more, they can keep making what ever they wont.
I have lost interest with this and all the other games by sms.

There games may look nice, but its all worthless if the drive is as bad as it is.
They must be aiming this game towards children, as no adult will find this challenging.

I am sorry if any of the WMD or SMS are offended by my post but I think your paying too much attention to detail then physics.
An before I am jumped on, I know (its still in alpha mode) its been in alpha mode for too long and nothing has changed.
What a shame.

I signed up again when they launched the zonda, thought it was a bit strange to drive, but I was willing to be patiant with it.

But this latest build is like a step backwards. its glitchy, buggy and the drive is no different from the other (totaly bonkers studio) games, I mean even the new test drive ferrari legends looks the same.
What a waste of time and money.

I have uninstalled it and dont care any more, they can keep making what ever they wont.
I have lost interest with this and all the other games by sms.

There games may look nice, but its all worthless if the drive is as bad as it is.
They must be aiming this game towards children, as no adult will find this challenging.

I am sorry if any of the WMD or SMS are offended by my post but I think your paying too much attention to detail then physics.
An before I am jumped on, I know (its still in alpha mode) its been in alpha mode for too long and nothing has changed.
What a shame.

Have to agree 100%.

It's a bit of a pisstake really........what's it been now??? Like 5-6 months and we have seen basically no progress where it actually matters.

For me the writings on the wall.......it will be a screenshot simulator in the vain of the SHIFT series.

Does anyone know how I go about getting my money back form SMS??

Same here, the ffb never improves or changes.
When I play GSC, gtr2 or Race07 I have the feeling of realy driving the car. In pCars it's only some thing on the screen.
Maybe it's better with a gamepad.

If you wan't to try it they have a ffb tweaker thing so you can adjust the ffb in their support site. I haven't tried it so I don't know if it is any good.

Have to agree 100%.

It's a bit of a pisstake really........what's it been now??? Like 5-6 months and we have seen basically no progress where it actually matters.

For me the writings on the wall.......it will be a screenshot simulator in the vain of the SHIFT series.

Does anyone know how I go about getting my money back form SMS??

They did do something about refunding people but there was a time limit on it. Or was that rf2? Can't remember, going senile. I'm sure if you told them how disappointed you are they may well give you a refund. I think you may upset them if you start using expletives though. It would be good to know how you get on, perhaps you would let us know?

I've just tried the new build 249and this is a hasty reaction. Had to wait for the F1 qualifying to finish. My frame rates have improved further on some of the tracks. Most noticeable on Road America and Le Mans. Or maybe that's due to my optimisation tools on my PC. Noo! must have been SMS. I only drive the open racers 'though so can't comment on the others. No doubt more work on the physics od the prototypes required in the future unless my driving has improved, which I doubt. Great cockpits though :)
And now Nordschleife, I am really looking forward to that. I would be interested in others constructive reactions though.
I like the new launcher and GUI. I think that is the way to go as in rf2.

He'll need it. My advice is to just critisize the game on the WMD forum. You will get banned and possibly refunded. They don't allow any negative publicity by any employee.;):rolleyes:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back