F1 2011 Re-arranging the setup section

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)

Andrew Bortz

GoldenBortz
Any chance that the first post can be reserved on each track for the links for individual setups throughout the thread?

Its long work trying to dig through for your own setup after a format let alone someone from the outside that doesnt know it exists.

I'm thinking I may start a thread for each track, with a title post which I will happily list links to people's setups in the first post.

I agree with you Andrew, it was hard to find them in the 2010 threads... They went crazy in a short space of time, I for one first came here looking for 2010 setups!

The section is very popular and creates a lot of traffic to RD, so if we can make it easier for people to find what they need, we will. Any suggestions welcome.

To be honest i think it is a must, you know how annoying it is to go through 40 pages or more to find a specefic setup which you loaded before and loved it? it's really annoying.

so the idea is great and should definitely happen, in F1 2010 i was late in joining these forums, now im a family member of RD, i will be helping out with Set ups and im thinking of making Video's for all 20 Tracks which show guidelines to the braking points, late braking in F1 2011 will mean new Marker's/Indicator's as to when to brake.

if i can get this going i know for a fact the RD Community would benefit from it, and help new guy's out like i once was and was eager for help in these Areas.

it might be a good idea to have setups that are focused on TT mode seperate to GP/Online mode setups.

it would make it easier for ppl that want to focus on a specific game mode.

just a thought as i never really played with tt mode other than to do them for qualifcation to the upcoming league.

The Setup Directory looks great. Could you add a spot for the guys to put down what laptime the did with the setup? What will the template look like? Do we expect to have setups for every car on every track dry and wet? Maybe we should just say what car we were driving? (Although, I agree with Andrew: those are some sweet logos) Also, (I don't know if this is possible) is there a way we can vote for our favorite setup?

While we're having this discussion on setups: what do you guys want to see for track guides? Are you happy with the way I did them for 2010? What car should I use?

I have my game pre-ordered on Steam so I will be able to jump in to writing the first week. Nice maps btw, James :wink:.

Haha you are funny goldenbortz!

You better watch out, I just ordered a PC copy of the game.... Yes I am fully converting over to PC for my racing!

G25 and a 7ft projection screen, bring it on!

Back on topic... It was a real headscratcher to work out the setup stuff this time, everything I was suggesting Bram told me the forum couldn't do it, but I think we have now found something good! (just don't post too many setups too quick or I won't be able to keep up to date so easy!)

So now you guys will find the track guides directory following a very similar format.

I warn you all in advance though - the track guides will be image / video intensive when finished.

The tables in these directories will not display correctly in the tapatalk app for iphone.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%