2008 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broadcast Live on Internet TV? PSR TV? but this will cost money and I don't know if there is plugins that will work in Race07 to present live broadcast.

I don't know if weight ballast was used or not but I think it would be good if it was used if it wasn't, just like in the real WTCC and it will make things very tight in the championship with slower guys being able to climb the standings better and make it into higher groups then they normally could. (Please ignore this suggestion if weight ballast was used)

I second those two suggestions.

• Lu Chan

I agree with Oliver on the pre-quali lap limit. I think this is fair for everyone.
I want said It was a successful leagues.
Though some people made trouble. Luckily RD earnest solving the problem.
I believe people learn from mistakes. Also I learn more in this season.
Wonderful memory for me........:)
Thanks RaceDepartment excellence and professional.:thumb:

like i said,i've join only since oschersleben,but have a lot of fun ,the good things first:
-4 groups than every driver is able to win a race in is own group
-a very good management of the league
-a lot of fair drivers

the bad things
-oooh i don't find any bad things
-maybe a prequal limit could be interrsting
like nils said in his post:no chat in quali and race!!i've lost 2 place in macau because i was disturbed by a chat

i'm with sebastien.
Maybe some more laps (with Pitstop). And next season with my own car:becky:

definitely agree with a fixed amount of qualifying laps, and also the success ballast is a great idea, although how it would be integrated would be confusing, would it be added for qually or just for the 2 race sessions on the day?

changeable weather would be good too, may cause mayhem but may add to the realism also.

Dave

and also the success ballast is a great idea, although how it would be integrated would be confusing, would it be added for qually or just for the 2 race sessions on the day?

A league I know use the same ballast system as the real WTCC uses and it really works great, it's a little confussing though :p I guess with 4 groups you could work out the ballast on championship standings and wins or something.

Success Ballast

Success ballast (SB) applies throughout the whole event, not just a single race. SB always applies to the driver, not the car.

SB is calculated as following:

a) according to the Championship points: 1 kg per every point scored

b) according to the sum of points obtained in the two races of each event, according to the following scale:

1st + 30 kg
2nd + 25 kg
3rd + 20 kg
4th + 15 kg
5th + 10 kg
6th + 5 kg

These ballasts will be scrapped and recalculated after each championship event.

Handicap weights a) and b) are cumulative up to a maximum of 70 kg

I liked last year system better were you qualied once before the championship started then either you got promoted to a faster group if you were on the top and if you were among the last you got shiped over to a slower group.

I don't think fixed groups are the way to go, but pre-qual should be limited to maybe 12 laps (just like old Formula 1 :)).

I'm all for the weight penalty system, that would be interesting. Real points are hard to do as you have 100 drivers, if you fix groups completely it will be unfair - as people who improve over the course of the season won't really be rewarded.

I liked last year system better were you qualied once before the championship started then either you got promoted to a faster group if you were on the top and if you were among the last you got shiped over to a slower group.

I agree, that was quite a good system, however it only works with everybody having a chance to enter a race, in this case 8 grids. Who is going to admin that amount?

• Chris Noble

I enjoyed the racing alot and liked the closeness of it, there were some bad drivers in the league, btu they seem to have been banned now :)

I didnt like pre-quali idea much to be honest and the 4 groups part. I would rather be in 1 group all the time racing against similar and regular drivers who you can get to know which will also help in making cleaner racing.

idea to form the grid for next year below!

Ideas for next years grid determination:

Another way to do it is to get rid of pre-quali

And instead we have a pre-season qualification on say 2 different tracks (different types)

And this is used to determine which groups everyone goes into.

You then have seperate championships and race with the same people regulary which will improve the racing too in my mind!

It would make the championship mean something to those in the lower groups as they will be fighting with similar paced drivers and not the pro aliens!

It would keep the same idea of having similar paced people together for close racing too.

The odd ball problem is what to do about mid season sign ups? I guess the best way would be to get them to do their 'own' pre season qualification on the 2 tracks everyone else did and then if there is space let them into that group.

Ideas for next years grid determination:

Another way to do it is to get rid of pre-quali

And instead we have a pre-season qualification on say 2 different tracks (different types)

And this is used to determine which groups everyone goes into.

You then have seperate championships and race with the same people regulary which will improve the racing too in my mind!

It would make the championship mean something to those in the lower groups as they will be fighting with similar paced drivers and not the pro aliens!

It would keep the same idea of having similar paced people together for close racing too.

I like your idea's like have 4 different championship / series, one for the Pro's like the main championship and then the lower series for the slower guys, like in Formula Sim Racing, but the big down side to this is it will take allot more admins and admin power.

Next year's Touring Car Championship will likely use fixed grids and multiple classes. We're thinking of having a Mini class, a WTCC Extreme class and one or multiple classes with WTCC/STCC cars. But we'll first have to see how RDGTC goes. It will likely affect how we organise RDTCC 2009.

Thanks for your input and keep it coming! :thumb:

im havn't raced in this league but has watched some replays, all results, discussions etc.
it seems like it was a lot of fun, and i would like to join next time.

in a league at another community we are using weight penalty system. and i actually think it sucks and its very boring imo.

• Chris Noble

im havn't raced in this league but has watched some replays, all results, discussions etc.
it seems like it was a lot of fun, and i would like to join next time.

in a league at another community we are using weight penalty system. and i actually think it sucks and its very boring imo.

Yep I am not a fan of weight penalties either to be honest

Pre quali with limited laps or...

Fixed groups like divisions. If it could be arranged in some way to prevent 8 divisions with 10 drivers each after half the season it would be good.

I would also like harder punishments. As I wrote before READ and FOLLOW the rules and no excuses!

And please please no city tracks :)

There is also an option that every driver can use a car limited races, but that of course will put more load to the admins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%