• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

RDTCC | S11 | Round 1: Adelaide

Discussion in 'RD Touring Car Championship' started by Chris, Mar 20, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 22-04-17
  1. Chris

Chris
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,426
    Round 1.jpg
    High kerbs and concrete walls, the first round will be the most mentally draining of the season. Buckle up!

Date:
    Saturday 22nd April 2017
    Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RDTCC
    Track: Adelaide 2016 (Legendary Tracks DLC #2)
    Start time: 20:00 AEST (10:00 GMT)
    Virtual Time of Day: 14:00
    Starting Track Grip: Medium (normal progression)

Race Format
    • 20:00 AEST (10:00 GMT) - Practice - 20 minutes
    • 20:20 AEST (10:20 GMT) - Qualifying - 20 minutes
    • 20:40 AEST (10:40 GMT) - Warm Up - 10 minutes
    • 20:50 AEST (10:50 GMT) - Race 1 - 30 minutes
    • 21:20 AEST (11:20 GMT) - Break - 10 minutes
    • 21:30 AEST (11:30 GMT) Race 2 - 30 minutes (Top 10 reversed)

Track Info

R1 Track Info.jpg

Pit Entry
    The Pit entry for Adelaide appears abruptly after turn 13 on the right side of the driver. During the race, pit stops should not be necessary, however, should you need to make a pit stop, you must slow to 40 KM/H before you cross the white pit entry line (flanked by orange cones). Failure to slow in time will result in a drive through penalty.
    GRAB_070.JPG

Pit Exit
    When exiting the pit lane, take care when rejoining the action as you'll emerge directly onto the racing line. There is no real way of avoiding it, it's simply the way the Adelaide pit-exit is designed. During practice and qualifying, please be prepared to slow and possibly even stop to allow cars to pass unimpeded. During the race, you are not obligated to slow or stop, but you must not rejoin unsafely so as to cause an incident. Judge the situation with a level head.

If cars are approaching, you will see the blue pit gantry light flash to warn you of on-coming cars.
    GRAB_071.JPG

Race 2:
    In an exciting addition to this season, the race format will be split into two separate 30 minute races. The first race will commence as you would normally expect. After the completion of the first race, there will be a second 10 minute warmup period whereby the grid for Race 2 will be set. The grid positioning will be according to the result from Race 1, however the top 10 finishers will be reversed. So the driver who wins the race, will start the second race from 10th, and the driver who finishes the first race in 10th place, will start the second race from pole position, etc. etc.

TeamSpeak
    Your presence on TeamSpeak is mandatory for all rounds. You must set up your teams' Sub-Channel within the RDTCC sub-channel, using your team name. To create a sub-channel, please follow the simple steps below.

1. Right click the "RD Touring Car Championship" channel, and click 'Create Sub-Channel'.
    1.png
    2. Enter the appropriate details and Click OK.
    2.png 3.png
    • During Qualifying and the Race there will be no in-game text chat allowed under any circumstances until all active drivers have crossed the finish line. Those caught using the in-game text chat during these sessions will be given a 5 second time penalty added to their total race time.
    • Only communications from the league director will be allowed when it pertains to critical issues (i.e. Server problems).
      • During practice, in-game text chat is permitted, however please be respectful of others trying to concentrate.

Incident reports
    Sometimes crashes and incidents happen. It's just part of racing. However if you feel you've been unjustly disadvantaged by a fellow driver breaking our League Regulations and all attempts to resolve the matter privately have failed, you are free to submit an incident report to the league director via Private Message, which will then be submitted to an independent steward panel from the staff group who will review it and issue a verdict.

Reports will be accepted up to 48 hours post-race. Any later and they will be rejected.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Chris

Chris

Ratings:
    +5,426
    Practice server is now up and available for you to join.
    Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RDTCC
    Password: See here

Once the skin pack is compiled after Wednesday the 19th, the server will be updated with the latest skins and the RDTCC series file in preparation for the first race.

If you have any questions regarding the season, this particular race or anything really, please don't hesitate to ask. If there's something you're curious about, chances are there are many more wondering the same thing :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. sjb266

sjb266
    Premium

Ratings:
    +78
    Can we get a pace guide for:
    Hack
    Amateur
    Pro
    Alien
    ;)

4. Chris

Chris

Ratings:
    +5,426
    A pace guide? You mean like the laptimes that those skill levels will achieve?
    We have live timing available, so check the fastest laps and that should give you an indication of the pace.

However, take those laptimes with a grain of salt as often many of them will be set after several drivers have been on the server for a while and the track will be significantly quicker than it's normal starting condition.

We won't know what the true pace is until the official qualifying session starts :)

5. Sniper

Sniper
    APIA RACING Premium

Ratings:
    +457
    Hack
    Amateur - the other half of the field
    Pro - half the field
    Alien - Sun Levi
    ;)

• Haha Haha x 1
  6. sjb266

sjb266
    Premium

Ratings:
    +78
    No Hacks?

7. Sun Levi

Sun Levi
    Premium

Ratings:
    +955
    Amateur - the other half of the field
    Pro - half the field
    Alien - Sun Levi, Tony Binelli (He doesn't like to admit it)

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43
    Nice apex, I'll take it! Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,212
    I am signed up to this race, but due to the proximity of an exam, may pull out on the morning if I feel like I can't afford the two hours off revision. I'm just making this clear now, as I wasn't expecting to be brought forward out of the reserves. I'm happy out of them, but still. It's worth making everyone aware of it.

9. Chris

Chris

Ratings:
    +5,426
    If you do sign out, please do so before 20:00 AEST (10:00 GMT) tomorrow.

10. Jimlaad43

Jimlaad43
    Nice apex, I'll take it! Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,212
    Cool, if I say nothing from now on, I'll be there.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sniper

Sniper
    APIA RACING Premium

Ratings:
    +457
    @Chris I cannot find where you mention cuts allowed as this track will give you a cut in many places for running wide but gaining no time at all.
    Normal is 3 cuts then penalised on the fourth. I noticed you have decreased this to 2 cuts and penalised on the third?. Is this noted anywhere ? as I may have missed it

12. Chris

Chris

Ratings:
    +5,426
    Yep it's now two cuts and a penalty on the third. Mainly because the races are so short.

I haven't found anywhere that gives you a cut unfairly. Which corners are you running wide at to get pinged?

13. Sniper

Sniper
    APIA RACING Premium

Ratings:
    +457
    If you drive the lines you will be fine but if your bustling for position and go wide into the back straight look out

14. Chris

Chris

Ratings:
    +5,426
    Go wide into the back straight? You mean the exit of turn 7?

Personally I'm fine with the game pinging you for running wide there. Even if you're jostling for position, it'll be a rare occasion as it's really not an overtaking or defending place.

15. Chris

Chris

Ratings:
    +5,426
  16. AussieDucker

AussieDucker
    Premium

Ratings:
    +69
    Am I even racing, didn't do a livery or anything as I'm only a reserve.

17. Chris

Chris

Ratings:
    +5,426
    You were on the reserve list, but we had a few withdrawals in the past week so you made your way up into the main entry list.

You have a livery assigned to you. Please see the private message for the league and you'll find all the info you need.

18. AussieDucker

AussieDucker
    Premium

Ratings:
    +69
    Well I might have to pull out and take the penalty as I haven't practiced or anything because I assumed I wasn't going to be racing.

Lapping way off the pace and spinning constantly. If it gets closer to the race and I haven't improved then there's no point in racing.

19. Chris

Chris

Ratings:
    +5,426
    Withdrawing because of a lack of practice is not a valid reason for not racing. If you sign up to a league, you are expected to:
    1. Know the conditions of entry and the rules
    2. Be aware of changes to the league. The sign up list changes were posted about.

20. AussieDucker

AussieDucker
    Premium

Ratings:
    +69
    Well I can't even join the server now it's saying there's a mismatch detected. So much for practicing.