RBR Farewell Cup - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy Magnes

Gentleman Driver
Premium
Soooo, how about we start some brainstorming towards a new season of everyones favourite rally championship?

The end of the year is closing in rapidly, so we are looking at running a shorter season than we did before the summer break. We are looking at 4 or 5 rounds run every fourthnight, simpler class structure, removing the grades and propably leaving the videos out of the championship for now.

I am thinking about running two classes this season to make everything a lot simpler for everyone involved:
- Class A8, in which you may run any car you like from the A8 right up to the latest WRC machines.
- Class N, in which you may drive any car you want out of the S2000, RRC, R5, R4 and N4 classes.

So - any thoughts?

That seems fine in my opinion, as I am more about having fun :) I guess the people that really want to win will be going for high-end machines anyway.

Alternatively, you could let everybody drive what they want: in the end, all winners in their class can have their bragging rights (even if they are alone in class haha) and the RDRC Season 8 champion would be the overall winner in A8W. Done :)

5 people interested in running another season of the RDRC seems a bit thin, to be honest.
I think that RBR has now played its part, and that the previous season was the last one we will run in the RDRC, at least until we have a successor to the game that is really suitable for league rallying.

Instead, we will run the club following the callendar up to christmas. So if you feel like driving together with the nice group of people, head over to our RBR rally club and put your name on the sign-up lists :)

Yes, I looked forward to sending off the game in style with one last season, but the interest seems to be gone already for most people. One thing is that the game is old and "well used" now, but the release of Dirt Rally kind of killed the last bit of RBR for many.

I see the interest in the club is decreasing too. Right now we have the same 5 guys driving each week, regardless of what we drive and where. So I have started to think about retiring the game alltogether at the end of the year, unless we for some reason increase the participants radically - though this seems rather unlikely for the time being...

Sad to hear about it, but in other hand I'm happy that I was part of such wonderful championship with awesome drivers and staff.

Timing was good too - my pedals seems to be dead, so my attendance was was in doubt anyway. I'm looking for new wheel now, so perhaps we'll meet in club events or somewhere else. Dirt still feels rubbish for me, Codies has to do huge step to make it feel somewhere near simulatorish.

damn, I would definitely have returned for another crack with RBR
I find it hard to set time aside for club racing, I would have found some time for a league, but we'll have to see what happens.
just make sure the next RDRC is on a worthy successor boys!

Do we have a predicted date for RDRC S8?
And will it be open to all like last season? I've been getting my practice in hoping for the new season to come soon.

Errm, just read further up, I assume no further rally seasons with RBR? But soon to be on Dirt Rally?

Hopefully Codies will change some stuff to make it better to have championships in DiRT Rally, at the moment it's a bit hard to have a league that suits the demands of RaceDepartments, but let's hope for the best when the game is fully released :)

I'm really up for that! and could make a video highlight of it to really generate interest.
The thing is where would the rally be? I would want it to be where the home of rallying is which can be taken in 2 places. Either Rally Monte Carlo or Finland. I guess that could go to a vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back