RDRC Season 5 - Rally World

Status
Not open for further replies.
logo.png
Rally Team
Fernando Agapito
Jack Hintz
RACEDEPARTMENT unveiled its 2013 RDRC Title Contenders in Monte Carlo today, in the form of twin Citroen DS3WRCs piloted by current RDRC Champion Fernando Agapito and 2012 S-RDRC Contender Jack Hintz.​
Testing has already been started for the team in Monaco for the first round of this seasons RDRC, starting with Rally de Monaco (2-5th March).​
"I'm very excited to be teamed with Fernando" remarked Jack Hintz, the second of the two works drivers​
"It will be a big step coming from S-RDRC up to the big toys, but I'm 100% positive that I'll give it my all" he continued to say.​
Fernando added "This will be a big season for us and the RDRC Team. We hope to reach our prospective goals and have a good season with good results."​
More testing will come over the next few days, and we hope everybody has a great season ahead of them.​
See you in the stages!​
Team Introduction Video
Launch Day Images
#1 - F. Agapito / K.Smith
ds3walkwayfernando403.jpg

ds3walkwayfernando402.jpg

#21 - J. Hintz / K. Rees

ds3walkway360.jpg

ds3walkway362.jpg

So finally, few hours before our start we have closed the hood of Samara and it is considered as done. There has been a lot of "tuning" and almost none on-track practices during this week. Although the livery has been done and also contract with my new co-driver has been signed. We have been talking a lot about how to do this but Im not sure how its gonna be on stage. Probably gonna take a while till we understand each other better but the rally is long, nowhere to run.

So yeah, here is the new skin. Huge thanks to Jack Hintz for livery it self and also renders :)

samara404.jpg

samara405.jpg

samara406.jpg

Now we are just getting the car on a trailer and heading for the service. Fingers crossed for a good start of the season for Samara :)

On the 11th hour, Extra Life SimSports had sorted out all of their sponsorship problems. The 2WD Alfa team was close to withdrawing their bid for the 2013 RDRC season had the promised sponsorship not arrived before Round 1.

"I was getting worried we would have had to pull out of the season after Monte" Juen-Jen Wang said to the RDRC Rally World with a grin. "We've bought the cars in advance and it was a sure thing that we're running them for the first round for sure, but the sponsorship money hadn't come in yet."

The new Extra Life liveries are now officially revealed:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vzawum45c5jocfy

"I know it's likely over deadline and I'm not sure the team can paint the cars in time for the monte. So we might have to deal with running blank cars. However, the liveries are officially here and we'll be running them for sure."

With the 2WD class entry list complete for the first round, the rookie team of JJ Wang and Jonatan Acerclinth will be looking to survive the dangerous roads.

"It's a hard rally for sure and I've never had to drive with such drastically polar conditions within one leg before. I have high hopes for our team, especially since Jonatan and I really like our new Alfas, but we'll just be happy to come out alive."

This will be Juen-Jen Wang's first full time season in RDRC having completed select rounds in the 2011 RDRC championship in a Raptr.com sponsored Alfa. It will also be the first official run of Jonathan Acerclinth in a RDRC round having only completed a handful of rallies before this.

ExtraLife SimSport Official Press Realease

After lots of work behind the scenes it looks like the newcomer team of ExtraLife SimSports is ready for the upcoming season. They have their drivers ready, they have their cars and they also seem to have the aim set. The never heard of team came out of the interest of Jonatan Åcerclinth to take part in RDRC and Juen-Jen Wangs suggestion that they would team up.

They then began looking around for sponsors and found a couple that were interested to sponsor the never heard of team. The sponsors would be ExtraLife.org, an organization that work volunteerilly to raise money which goes to children hospitals all over the US. The team will, beside driving with the Organizations' logos on the car, organize streams of different games beside the driving to try and bring in money for their chosen children hospital.
The other sponsor they have is Jonatan's sisters' boyfriend who with a friend has a Rally Photo sales-site were they sell photos from Rallys were they've been and taken photos. He is also Jonatans' Co-Driver and is a Co-Driver in real life but is currently recovering from Herniated Disks and therefore reads notes written down by Jonatan instead of the in-game notes.

When they had finally gotten around the technical difficulties of working out what the goal and hopes would be and the sponsors' wishes and demands, they had to chose their car. Many cars were considered but as the team will be running on a fairly low budget adn therefore went with a couple of years old Alfa 33. The small Front Wheel Driven car doesn't have much powder under the bonnit but both Jonatan and Juen-Jen (JJ in short) is certain they will be able to get the car to fly.

"I was getting worried we would have had to pull out of the season after Monte" Juen-Jen Wang said to the RDRC Rally World with a grin. "We've bought the cars in advance and it was a sure thing that we're running them for the first round for sure, but the sponsorship money hadn't come in yet."

JJ continued "The car does indeed not have much power compared to the other cars in our class but it is incredibly stable in fast curvy parts of the stages and if you can bring the speed through the corners the car pays back thousenfold" with a smile.

JJ, who was running in lasts season RDRC and finished 20th in the P-RDRC class with one points finish during the season, is the seasoned driver of the two. He has driven in many series, one of his most well known feats is fighting for the win at Adelaide in TouringProSeries' V8 championship for two seasons in a row.
Meanwhile Jonatan is a new name to the RDRC but not in SimRacing. The Sweed has driven for Optimum SimRacing in many series, a team JJ has also driven for, and has a heap load of experience in Touring Cars and of setting up cars. He also has Folkrace experience from real life which will hopefully help him during the season.

Jonatan was heard saying 'I believe we will be able to suprise one to two PreSeason Bets and take the fight to the more well known teams but my own main goal will be to finish every stage of every rally but I will push hard' with a fire in his eyes.

This will be Juen-Jen Wang's first full time season in RDRC having completed select rounds in the 2011 RDRC championship in a Raptr.com sponsored Alfa. It will also be the first official run of Jonathan Acerclinth in a RDRC round having only completed a handful of rallies before this.

Jonatan Åcerclinth was seen practicing with the newly painted Alfa33 in a Snowy Sweden before he and ExtraLife SimSports were going to head for Rally de Monaco and some photos was taken by a Paparazi, who afterwards gave them to the team as he felt that he wanted to do something to help the ExtraLife Organization.

0DrXAgI.jpg

aFR6hl5.jpg

lIrPYVx.jpg

nZtTBBi.jpg

KJqdgPp.jpg

Meanwhile on the Monaco roads, Juen-Jen Wang was allready there and seen testing the car to see that it were up for the harsh conditions that only Rally de Monaco can deliver. After the practice run he seemed happy with the results while some official photos were taken by the teams' second sponsor, Jv-Media.se.

LkUXvXc.jpg

przHHS0.jpg

ecpFRQD.jpg

E3pC1RU.jpg

DQ5AGx4.jpg

QQBemyr.jpg

ExtraLife SimSport would like to wish everyone participating in this season good luck and happy hunting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back