RDRC Season 5 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if someone can try and replicate a problem I'm having please? I was hoping to drive the Group N4_2 Subaru Impreza 2000 in RDRC Grade 4 but any tarmac or snow stage crashes RBR whilst loading. I can load a gravel stage fine though. I tried a fresh RSRBR install this morning, installed update 01, re-downloaded & installed the A8W-00, A8W-99 & N4_2packs, then installed the corrective patch, but no luck :(

So if someone could please try and load a tarmac & snow stage with the N4_2 Impreza 2000 and let me know if it works for you or not please.

So if someone could please try and load a tarmac & snow stage with the N4_2 Impreza 2000 and let me know if it works for you or not please.

I tried Finland and England on snow, and France and Aussie on Tarmac, no problems with either of them. Only strange thing was in the internal view the "extra lights" were black. Try disabling them and see if that helps.

Also, can you try another car and make sure it's the car, not the tracks.

Thanks Michael, I'm glad it works for you, there's hope yet! I did try a few other cars from the N4 pack with no problems, so it's not the stages. I'll re-download the update & car packs & try another fresh install tonight after work and see how I go.

Thanks for your help :thumbsup:

Been doing a bit of reading on the Rallyesim forums, and it seems like you have the Kenya Kit activated. It only works on gravel and causes a CTD on snow or tarmac.

I wish I spoke French, google translate is a bit iffy sometimes.

Ok, good news! After replacing the ini file with one presented by the creator of the model, with the kenya kit present, I was able to replicate your crash. (I'm an idiot and didn't back up my old ini file, but gimme a few minutes and I'll see if I can fix this.)

Edit: Robert McCracken (how do I use those tags properly? :O_o: (thanks Ole)) Found it! http://forum.rallyesim.fr/download/file.php?id=5690 A post by the author of the new 3d model. This one works for me, just copy and replace your old folder. (in RBR directory/Cars/)

Mine wasn't enabled by default. But I downloaded the Complete Car Pack. It's possible different packs had different versions of the car. I'd guess that the N4_2 pack had the Kit enabled.

I agree with Warren, it looks hideous. :p

And yup, let them overwrite everything.

Edit: RSRBR might try and overwrite the ini file, you can override this by editing the n4_2.7z file in /RSRBR/ directory. Or, less fidgety by using this tool http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=4302 and copy and pasting the new ini file into it and saving it for N4_2 Subaru 2000. The tool edits the ini in the 7z to prevent overwriting.

I'd like to join the RDRC-3 but I think the DS3 might be an unfair advantage from what I hear and kind of remember.

What do you RDRC-3 guys think? Would it be unfair for me to use it?

I'd like to join the RDRC-3 but I think the DS3 might be an unfair advantage from what I hear and kind of remember.

What do you RDRC-3 guys think? Would it be unfair for me to use it?

Nah not really, I'm (and another) are going in the R3 Civic, compare them and youll see its all down to driving style. Even did a few runs and compared average times for all R3 cars, pretty similar just the Civic Suited me more AKA REVS!! :D

Nah not really, I'm (and another) are going in the R3 Civic, compare them and youll see its all down to driving style. Even did a few runs and compared average times for all R3 cars, pretty similar just the Civic Suited me more AKA REVS!! :D

I figured that; there were some stages last year that I couldn't believe an R3 car could go quicker!

I just tested the Volvo (GrH), the Alfa33 (N3_2), the Suzuki Swift (A6) and the Tvingo (R1) at the Rally School stage to just see how it would go and compare my favourites in each of the classes....

1.28.6 in the Alfa

1.30.0 in the Volvo

1.30.9 in the Tvingo

1.32 in the Suzuki

Is these times comparable or should I try any other stage that should be a good leveler?

Also, speed whise it seems I'm very fast in the Alfa, the volvo is such good fun with its RWD and slightly sluggish moves in slower corners while the Tvingo is pretty good in mid speed stages while the Suzuki seems very good off low speed corners but is a pig on fast stretches of road as I've tested them on a couple more stages as well, but Rally School seems like the most obvious "lever" :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back