RDRC Season 4 - Skins & Replays

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Just finished the standard plates, you guys will probably like them more than the individual stickers ;)
just running it past rick, so you all should have them in the next day or two (I hope)

Okay, so I'm having an issue when painting vehicles. After I paint the car and take it on a test drive, the paint seems to be transparent and the original skin shows through after the car gets dirty. Also once I paint the windows I cannot see into the car anymore and I cannot paint the inside because I can no long drive in the cockpit via not being able to see out the window. I want to paint my own car but need some help. Thanks guys!

Using photoshop CS5 and the nvidia DDS plugin.

You'll need to take a look into the alpha channels mate, something is going wrong with them.
Also, the reason the original paint is coming through is because you need to also make a scrape layer for the car. the car paint should be DXT1 and windows should be DXT5 also. if you are still having problems don't hesitate to ask.

I'll look into that for you, I need to figure out matte paints myself.
You should be able to use the alpha channel in the main texture map to create more or less shiny paint. I do this to make things like black plastic and rubber sections non reflective for a better look. That said, a completely non-reflective texture can look a bit weird; depending on the settings used in the car's shader settings. Often the specular highlight just gets spread out and not reduced at all.

I'm pretty sure the main texture uses the alpha to affect reflectivity (as there aren't any transparent areas anyway). It can look quite good when used with a scrape texture as the car not only gets scratches in the duco but they can be dull and less reflective as well.

I've made two versions of the new stickers for the RDRC, I'll put it down to a vote :p
Ones I've made with the RDRC logo Damien Made

6740799437_1fff606f34_d.jpg

or

Ones I've made from scratch

6740798819_45fa167e94_d.jpg

I can't decide, I like both ^^

Yeah definitely enlarge it a bit. It's an eps file so you can stretch it around however much you like and it won't get pixellated :).
I like the tyre print you have in the background, nice touch. Maybe a little more saturation on the numbers though to get them a little more 'fluro'.

Maybe a little more saturation on the numbers though to get them a little more 'fluro'.

I got that averaged colour straight off a few of my photos ive taken of a few NZ rally cars, so It's fairly accurate colouring, but I can increase it a bit if you want.
anyway, thanks everyone for the positive comments :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years