RDRC Season 4 Rules discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I signed up for the next club event, I have to win all 3? Manuel is signed up that's not gonna happen. :D

Hehe, good luck :D

Also, do I report my club rallies to the admins here or is it automatic somehow?

Not sure what you mean by that.

The only thing you have to do is sign up for every club rally you want to drive in. Name, RSRBR username, and the session you want to join.

Technically you wouldn't even need to do that, once we have your name and RSRBR name, but it helps to plan the sessions needed, and so people can see who and at what time others will be driving.

So I do have to win the event to have it count towards my license here, just hope Manuel crashes out of a bunch of stages lol.

What I meant was because club rallies fulfill my required number of events to move up here, how you guys know what I've run to put it towards my license level in this league.

Here is a little teaser for the season 4 rules just to give you all an idea of where we are going.

1- Realistic/cumulative damage will be used.
2- Only Original format stages will be used. (No BTB stages, but will include stages like sweet lamb, Peklo etc)
3- Grade qualifiying criteria is being changed.
4- Car classes are being changed. A8W11 will be introduced, only for an ELITE grade above grade 1. The J-RDRC and Rookie classes will be dropped and replaced with S-RDRC and P-RDRC classes, but we will run a 2WD class open to drivers from any grade.
5- First round should start late January

Hope this keeps you all interested in the mean time;)

I really like the direction of were this is going :) and it seems that you guys have taken our comments into account, that is good :D

About the realistic damage, i think this will make some drivers be more carefull with their cars, wich adds to the pressure.

The original stages decision is i think, a very good thing ;)

I liked the grade qualifying that you had here, it helps people to be able to race with drivers of their level, and if it can be improved, nice.

The car classes thing sounds really interesting, i think i'll be in E grade :D i have experience with the new WRC's so it will be a nice season, the question is, will the old WRC cars (1999 - 2010) still be able to use ? in that case, i think the WRC 2011 guys will be at dissadvantage against the others old WRC drivers.

Thanks and good luck Patrick :cool:

Guys, it is great to see so much chat and anticipation, but as far as I know, some details for S4 are still to be finalised. Rick just gave out a few hints to tease us.
The car Choices and Gradings will be revised and new processes are being considered for Grading methods, so lets not get too concerned yet by asking which Grade or car we can drive.
I'm sure Rick will reveal all as soon as he and the team have finalised the planning.

I like the idea of going to realistic, accumulated damage. It seems to work well with the club races, although I think some folks have gotten used to the reduced damage and may struggle with the transition. I hope we won't lose folks over it.

As far as grades and cars go, I think that the lower level cars should be reserved for the less accomplished drivers, but I don't see a need to prohibit less accomplished drivers from racing in the higher level cars, if they want to swim in that pond. Unlike closed course racing, where we're on track together, a weaker driver in a faster car doesn't get in anyone else's way in an online rally. If I want to race against folks much better than me, I'm not understanding why anyone else should care. On the other hand, to assure fairly even competition for everyone who wants it, less accomplished drivers who select lower performing cars shouldn't have to compete against drivers far superior.

I've had no issues running any of the BTB or other non-original stages, but I think we should stay away from those which are problematic. I am simpathetic to the folks who practice hard on their own, don't have issues, and then have a computer issue when running on-line. That would really piss me off too.

I'm new to R.Burns Rally and to RD (ok, three months new), but I'm not new to sim racing. You guys do a very good job. Thanks for all the hard work.

I don't see a need to prohibit less accomplished drivers from racing in the higher level cars, if they want to swim in that pond. Unlike closed course racing, where we're on track together, a weaker driver in a faster car doesn't get in anyone else's way in an online rally. If I want to race against folks much better than me, I'm not understanding why anyone else should care.

Newer drivers generally want to jump straight into the fast WRC cars. They would then go against fast and experienced drivers here, they will be much slower, and might give up on it all.
I think one of the main goals of the grading system is to prevent that from happening. Newcomers will learn the ropes in slower cars, and they'll be able to fight with people of similar skill level, and stick around.

I see your reasoning there Senad, but it works both ways too. I have experience and really want to move into the faster cars, but as is I will be stuck in FWD which I don't enjoy at all, and just have to make myself drive. That's off putting too.

Senad, I understand that is the rationale. I started just three months ago in a J car, and I'm not unhappy that that was as much car as I was allowed. I moved up to Grade 2 after one event, so I'm not complaining. But other folks might be turned off by a "we know better than you what is in your best interest" approach.

I see your reasoning there Senad, but it works both ways too. I have experience and really want to move into the faster cars, but as is I will be stuck in FWD which I don't enjoy at all, and just have to make myself drive. That's off putting too.

Patrick, looking back at the results from the last event. Under the current rules, you will have qualified for promotion to grade 2. As you finished above Ole and Eckhart who finished 9th and 10th for grade 2 drivers. Now these rules are being changed for next season. But I suppose there is some hope, but no idea what the plan is for grading from now on.

* To become a Grade 2 driver you must have
  • Finished 10th or higher among the Grade 2 clasification in one event
* Grade 2 drivers are limited to J-RDRC, Production Cup and A1-RDRC car classes.

Again guys, I know we are only speculating on potential grades and cars, but as I understand the thinking for next Season, the whole grading process will be re-considered based on past experience with previous seasons. However, I know that the main aim will be to have drivers grouped according to their skill level, and also to include a process that helps get new drivers (ie. those who haven't driven with RD before but may be experienced elsewhere) slotted immediately into the most appropriate grade.
That way, we hope to have much closer racing in each Class between drivers of similar skill. We don't want novices having to compete against aliens, and equally we don't want fast experienced drivers dominating classes aimed for the lesser skilled guys.

I know the Organising Team are working hard to get the balance right. ;)

The rules will be posted in the next week or so, everything will become clear then. One big change will be the introduction of a grading event, a rally that the organisers will set up for a new driver to find out how they perform. We will also allow current drivers that want to try and get into a higher grade to run them.

Michael - You are right, but from the first 3 seasons we have lost a number of drivers that turned up driving a WRC car, finished near the back of the field and were never heard of again. I think that is the bigger problem.

One thing I must say is that if someone reads the rules they will see there were very easy and quick ways to enter the championship higher than grade 4 and never have to drive the FWD cars, LOL.

For season 4, the J-RDRC and Rookie classes have been dropped, so noone will HAVE to drive 2WD unless they want to.

But as Warren said, wait and see, all will be revealed soon;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back