RDRC Season 4 Postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone should stop trying to focus on gradings from S3, it is just causing confusion.
We need to just look at the current proposed Gradings for S4 as now listed. Then, if drivers want to gain a higher grading, they can achieve it via the Qualifying rally, if they are good enough.

The whole aim is to get drivers of similar skill grouped together to make the competition closer and fairer for the Grades and Classes. Rick has used data from S3 to help him with the proposed S4 grades, and we have a process for drivers to be regraded higher if needed. If we keep it as simple as that, there should be less confusion.

Warren, the main point was not to change any drivers grade, but since I am not ALONE who was confused by the grading clarification, I just was for re-writing it to be as simple as possible. But literally, what's simple for me, isn't necessary simple for the others :) Thats why I took Chris's proposal. He had a good point.

Ok guys, lets move on. Ondrej, I'll discuss it more with you in PM to come up with a solution.

As for the WRC car classes my biggest question was to find out whether the old or new cars are preferred by drivers. I know whichever one we select will disappoint someone, we just need to know which choice will disappoint less;)

with the Grade 1 and 2 drivers, would it not be better to have the entire range (98? - 2012) available to them?
seems a bit more realistic, but I guess it would make it more unfair to people because of handling/horsepower?

with the Grade 1 and 2 drivers, would it not be better to have the entire range (98? - 2012) available to them?
seems a bit more realistic, but I guess it would make it more unfair to people because of handling/horsepower?

I don't see why it would be unfair, all Grade 1 & 2 drivers would be free to choose whichever car suited them, and the choice would be very big. ;)

would make it far more realistic to have them all available to the WRC drivers I think. I reckon a lot would choose the 11-12 cars when s4 starts ^^

But there wouldnt be any motivation to get from Grade 2 to Grade 1. There must be unique car choice for Grade 1 drivers in my opinion, otherwise the whole grade is useless :confused:

Except that there is a separate Championship for Grade 2 Drivers in addition to the Overall Championship, and it would give Grade 2 drivers an equal chance at the Overall Championship rather than having to compete in a less competitive car than Grade 1 Drivers. ;)

I dont know Warren, because it was me who enforced the old WRCs to Grade 2 - to give them chance to drive a WRC car, even though they arent in Grade 1, before that they had only chance to drive P or S class cars. I realize the Grade 4 has been dropped and the first Grade was separated, but dont you think this idea should remain the same? Before, the limit of WRC cars was 2003, now it would be extended to 2006 or so :)

I think that original idea of Grade 1: WRC 11 - 12 and Grade 2: WRC 99 - 08 was good.

Yeah, the 08's can be (slightly) faster than the 11-12's but IMO skill > speed.
As the Grade 1 drivers are more skillful and the difference between the cars isn't that big this wouldn't be a problem. It would in fact be a great (possible) challenge to them. Maybe even if the Grade 2 drivers picked the 10's, the Grade 1 with the 11-12's would be able to beat them, even though this would be a really really hard task.
Well, with the rally club results we'll be able to better compare this.

well i have tried both types and. as it was mentioned before the old WRC cars are slightly faster. especially on lng Straights. the longer stages require more top speed. and the old WRC car i think they have a bit of more torque. basically the old wrc cars in the hands of a good driver. they can put up a decent fight. thought skills matter the most. so Grade 1 means more skillz

I think the Ford is the best of these new WRC cars for me, but still very hard to drive :p I´m not sure if it´s just the horses under the hood or what but it was hard for me to keep it on the road. But I tested the DS3 citroen before the rally and I just don´t like the sounds of the car, couldn´t hear the revs.
So I think the old wrc cars are easier to drive, but thats my opinion.

I drove the Full deck rally with the Polo wrc and i just love it.
I liked the first setup there grade 1 drivers must pic a A8 11-12 car. They are the fastes drivers and those cars are slightly slower than the A8 cars up to 08 that Grade 2 drivers can use. This will result in a very even fight for the top places in rallys.

I liked the first setup there grade 1 drivers must pick an A8 11-12 car. They are the fastes drivers and those cars are slightly slower than the A8 cars up to 08 that Grade 2 drivers can use. This will result in a very even fight for the top places in rallys.
My thoughts exactly! I liked the 12-cars well, once they find out the problems with the Mini I will be using it regularly where I can :) (even though I am rubbish with anything faster than the S2000 :p )

how come I can't quite see what all the fuss is about? fast guys will be fast guys, slow guys will be slow guys, reckless players will be reckless, cautious players will be cautious, no amount of fiddling will stop that. didn't Rick talk about taking a break? he and the team deserve it! let them make a rule and we should all simply follow it, else democracy will come and eat its own children. everyone having a say can result in noone being heard.
peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years