RDRC S8 Round 6 - Rally Wales (8th May - 14th May 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done with the first 8 stages, stage 1 started with an immediate puncture so I lost plenty of time there. Stages 2-3-4 without any bigger mistakes, than a very good stage 5 took me much closer to the guy ahead me but than a big mistake on stage 6, stuck on roof and +14 sec, I was really mad on me at that point. Stage 7 was OK, but than stage 8, it was just something incredible drive of me, currently 25 sec behind RallyManic1964 and sitting in P2 (P. S. Does anyone know what happend with NobleAssassin? :O)
20170508180330_1.jpg

You were talking about bad weather? There's blue sky! Or is it just a bug? :p

Not many services - so I've taken careful (at least planned to) approach. First 5 stages went great, only minor errors without big consequences. Had 15 seconds lead over Nigel Webber (RallyManic1964), was feeling pretty comfortable, maybe a bit too much. Landed off one of the jumps bit wrong, and skidded off the road into the woods. Stopped on the tree with pretty severe shunt with front of the car, got the coolant warning light on. Lost 15-20 seconds, had to recover the car, lost all the lead over Nigel. SS8 - big triple roll, thankfully didn't hit anything on the way, managed to land in the fields on the wheels and got back on the road without having to reset the car, amazingly still being able to win that stage with Nigel to gain 2 seconds on him. First day finished, now into the service...

BTW. I'm on Xbox, so I'm comparing times to PC guys, but you can't find me on these leaderboards ;)

And so it begins. Stuck my foot in to test the water on the first eight stages in the Weyerbacher Brewing, Team Fate Rally Kadett this morning.I had a couple of moments early on and settled into a quick safe rhythm afterwards with a few PR's tossed in.
2DBA8D0B986FC5906656BC4903FADFDD7908B271
The first stage landed a jump in the forest wrong and by the time I could get the car under control it had rearranged the left front fender, then on Bidno Morlelands came out of the second Fjord a bit hot and clouted that stupid gate on the left. Other then that it's been a clean eight stages, and fairly fast, as I'm sitting just under 3 minutes back of the overall leader after eight stages of punishment. The crew says the major systems should repair back up to competitive levels before we embark on the second day.
6B7BB7F1B7D42CB5249DD9ECCAE4F2C0B8D72B51
B5CA742F785096FCA4A45889D627A61CA426BE94
F9B88B5BF9D84FED69D265CE71468CF8CDBB1215

Last edited:
Yay, I've finished the rally despite only 2 services :D Managed to finish ahead of RallyManic1964, which I'm also happy about. Still made way too many mistakes to think about seriously good result, but had good pace on some of the stages, especially stages 16-18 I think I was rather fast (default setup + shortened gearbox :cool:). Maybe some stage podium in 4WD- class, pretty please? :unsure: Cause I had way too many 4th places during the season ;)

New to Race Department and this is my first Rally with you guys, I hope to start Day 1 tomorrow night. With only 2 services I guess I'm going to have to take it steady to ensure I get to the end.
Wish I'd seen this earlier and joined for the whole series.

A few questions, if I may, will there be a Series 9, if so any idea when, and will it definitely be on Dirt 4?

Yes, they said Season 9 will be on DiRT 4, especially that we're going to get our hands on this "Your Stage" feature, which will eliminate the ability to learn stages by heart and it will be way closer to real rallying. Really looking forward to that :inlove:

New to Race Department and this is my first Rally with you guys, I hope to start Day 1 tomorrow night. With only 2 services I guess I'm going to have to take it steady to ensure I get to the end.
Wish I'd seen this earlier and joined for the whole series.

A few questions, if I may, will there be a Series 9, if so any idea when, and will it definitely be on Dirt 4?

Yes, they said Season 9 will be on DiRT 4, especially that we're going to get our hands on this "Your Stage" feature, which will eliminate the ability to learn stages by heart and it will be way closer to real rallying. Really looking forward to that :inlove:

If there are going to be a season 9, that will with 99% certainty be on DiRT 4. But for all we actually know, the game is awful. We first need to get the game, then test out a lot of stuff, and then start planning for season 9 and after that see which of the crew that are willing to continue, and if there are a need of new blood etc. :)

But if everything goes as we hope, Season 9 will be on DiRT 4, indeed :)

Did it all in one day, two sittings (coz I had 7-a-side a bit way through, had to leave it on while I was out and was dreading someone touching it and racing around :cautious:)

First Day, First Stage
Finding a rhythm in the treacherous conditions.
20170508184628_1.jpg

Final Day, Final Stage
Let's just say it needed a good wash, but drowning the radiator was a real possibility :confused:
20170509012541_1.jpg

Wales is usually my favourite to be honest but made a couple of mistakes, a few barrel rolls here and there :mad:

I did notice I got two "fastest stage times" fairly late on which means they've fixed the bug with that I think :thumbsup:

..:: DAY ONE ::..

Good morning from sunny Germany :whistling:
Started into the last rally of the championship yesterday with the aim to stay in the Top 10 in -4WD class. As Nigel Webber, who is 2 points behind me in the points tables, already had driven his complete rally I had a mark to orientate on...
rdrc_wal_01.jpg

On Stage 1 I had a nervous start with a minor mistake right after the start which made me loose all of my confidence. Managed to keep cool and lost only 1,1s on Nigel at Pant Mawr.

rdrc_wal_02.jpg

Stage 2 went a bit better but still without confidence and nearly completely out of rhythm... 1,9s behind Nigel in total after that stage.
At Bidno Moorland Reverse - stage 3 - the disbeliefs had gone, the car felt good and I was able to set a PB which led to a 4,2s lead on Nigel in the live leaderboards. Could get thrilling throughout the rally...

rdrc_wal_03.jpg

rdrc_wal_04.jpg

The good feeling went on at stage 4. The sky had stopped to cry then and the Lancia immediately felt better on the loose surface... An clean and safe run meant another 3s on Nigel - 7s in total in front of him.

rdrc_wal_05.jpg

As the long stages started some blue elements were visible at the sky and the sun saw me loosing 3s at Sweet Lamb but gaining another second at Geufron Forest, where I set a PB. In total I had a 5s lead on Nigel when leaving the Sweet Lamb area...

Stage 7 - Fferm Wynt. Drove this one a dozen times in training for both, the CMS Championship and the RDRC. Some times it's good, this time it wasn't...:( During a fast section the car suddenly lift of and I hit the fence - immediately the car was reset :O_o:
rdrc_wal_06.jpg

Simmering with rage I continued the stage and in the last sector the car got a puncture on the left(I hit the fence with the right side) rear tyre. With only some hundred meters to go I decided to not repair the damage and continue on 3 wheels. The car felt horrible and in the last hairpin before finish I spun the car.
After stage 7 the leaderboard saw me 24s behind Nigel...
Stage 8 - the last of day one - saw me fighting to get closer to Nigel again...but I lost 1s at Bronfelden on him. There was no confidence left any more to attack after a long day at work.

rdrc_wal_07.jpg

As my rally continues on Wednesday with day two and finishes on Saturday with day 3 I still have hope to get the best out of Wales and for the championship... Let's see what the other guys (in class) will show... :cautious:

"Rally Wales will most likely be a race where the Gr.B cars that excelled in Germany will struggle, ... , but the few services will make it harder to keep the old cars in great condition the whole rally through"

Is this some discrimintion against old cars or what? Why don't you try the Gr.B, and se how it is? It really takes a whole season to get to grips with these cars, and then when we finally get to grips with it, we get the unfair disadvantage of too few services. Come on, 56 km is a long distance without service. Please think about those of us who have older cars, and are not extremely precise.

"Rally Wales will most likely be a race where the Gr.B cars that excelled in Germany will struggle, ... , but the few services will make it harder to keep the old cars in great condition the whole rally through"

Is this some discrimintion against old cars or what? Why don't you try the Gr.B, and se how it is? It really takes a whole season to get to grips with these cars, and then when we finally get to grips with it, we get the unfair disadvantage of too few services. Come on, 56 km is a long distance without service. Please think about those of us who have older cars, and are not extremely precise.

Yeah, that's why I didn't pick group B car. They are faster than WRC-cars but not so reliable. But I guess this driving without service is for those who use alt+f4 to restart.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's why I didn't pick group B car. They are faster than WRC-cars but not so reliable. But I guess this driving without service is for those who use alt+f4 to restart.
I think we had an advantage dry asphalt in Germany, but thats about it. Alt F4 will be used by most players hoping to finish I guess, but wouldn't admit it. The service interval should be maximum 20km. There should be six services in Wales, not two. Come on, we aren't even allowed the use of career engineers! This rally is too far for covering the services even with 30-45 minutes, giving us a 2:30 penalty. I'm enjoying this league very much, but I think the next season would be better off thinking about this and advocate for a more level playing field if different ages of cars are to compete like we do in the 4WD+ category.

But that Mini WRC was a wrong choice in this series. :D It's just slow car and it doesn't handle so well than Polo or Fiesta even with setups. If I drive with Group B Peugeot I would be much closer to front. It's so much faster car even it's broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back