RDRC S8 Round 5 - Rally Germany (17th April - 23rd April 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damm , I feel for you man. It`s not nice going out in *ANY* rally :( How did it happen ?
Was sliding, hit some of the grass on the outside, so I almost lost the car, countersteered, ended up on the grass on the other side, was about to reenter when I hit the concrete block. Didn't see it at all, probably could have avoided it but. Anyways, wasn't that important rally for me at this point, already had lots engine problems and had to stop on a stage to put on a new wheel. but damn this game is fun! I think it is the possibly that this can happen that makes it such a great game, you know, no risk no reward :D

Eventually finished, had to change steering wheel (350mm) after ss12 when the PROSIM 3D printed wheel adapter parted company from the T500 base.(why is 3D printed plastic so crap?It just fell to bits) Had to dig out the Toy plastic TM wheel. Damn its small and lost time with zigzagging all over the place and just couldn't place the car as accurately and take all the cuts as close as usual. Top 10 for now.

• Deleted member 217114

Going to force myself to finish the remaining stages. I am so happy Dirt 4 is going to have generated stages and proper asphalt FFB and physics. So it won't be so boring like Germany is.

drt%202017-04-21%2010-43-58-85.jpg

The final push of the rally for me in the Peugeot, and it felt good!

SS10 - Pushed a bit on this one, the time was quite good :)
SS11 - Pushed on this one too, and it worked even better here. Very good time on this one.
SS12 - This stage felt a bit messy, but the time seems good.

SS13 - I think I might have found my comfort-zone when pushing this car on these stages, again it felt good with an okay time :)
SS14 - Almost binned it towards a hinckelstein midway through, somehow survived unhurt!
SS15 - Again quite messy, I don't think I got a good time here.
SS16 - The final push, and I bellieve the time was not so bad on this stage either :)

Very pleased with my event in the end, though I think I could have pushed a bit more in the early stages and be even a bit faster. Hopefully it will be another top 10, which would keep RMI Motorsport FWD within the top in the team championship too!

drt%202017-04-23%2017-10-18-03.jpg

Just finished Germany and well there goes my hope for a top 3 in the total. I must admit i had no hope for this rally since i do VERY bad on tarmac but i did think i could get a top 5-6 but i blew it. First 6 stages went ok-ish, then it happened, BOOOM "french kissing" a rock at 100km/h...... Radiator damage and then on Oberstein the engine light came on. This made me so "salty" also i gave up to be honest :( .
From here on it was a struggle just to keep the car "alive" and not DNF. I short shifted, downshifted very late and also tried to keep it under 7k RPM. But driving when you are mad, salty, angry is never a good idea so there were lots of smaller mistakes like spins and so on, amazingly no resets :O a little light in the darkness.....
I don't know if it happened in the crash but my gearbox was damaged down to 61% i've never seen that before unless you smash the car up really bad and my car wasn't damaged that much.....

To be honest i was so mad at my stupidity that I didn't even check what place i have so i might not even be getting any points this time i have no idea. I might check later when i calm down but i'm way to angry at myself to do that now.

Sorry if the post came out rude or in other way "offending" i'm still trying to get over how stupid i was in this rally....... over and out from a salty Swede that just lost all chances of winning this :(

After fixing my pedal deadzone issue I finished the rally in one go today with no further preparation.. and unfortunately it showed.:redface:

IIRC in EVERY day 2 stage I had a spin, a crash and at one point even a vehicle reset..:(
I didn't bother looking at standings inbetween stages until I finshed day 2, only to see that I lost quite a lot of time compared to some of the guys I usually hang around with at the bottom of the standings list :D

The car held together nicely though, only brakes and gearbox took quite a beating:
8172A74D7BB1AFC010748FDC550C9E874B09E774

and she didn't look too pretty already early on..
B28374C14FD5E0BA4C8A9B204A0FAF46EAABA12B

not quite as bad as @Filip Carlén 's car though.. Dude, 146km/h impact speed?? I can't get mine to go that fast anywhere according to the onboard speedo..

Even though I couldn't quite make a name for myself here in Germany, I had a shedload of fun driving here. If only I had known the stages slightly better I wouldn't misjudge so many corners and bends.. However my schedule will still be ridiculously busy for the upcoming weeks, so I don't see much learning/practice opportunities for Wales either..:(:cry: Oh well, probably something like Finland only with less vertical corners and more rain I guess :roflmao::laugh:

Anyways : as usual BIG thanks to the RDRC League Team for another great event:notworthy::thumbsup:, and thanks to all other competitors for beating me:D Hopefully CYA in Wales!

1AD6511A48E79565823559850021D66FB082AE4C

2249A12DFFA78973471E5FC10D605B6424E2FE2A

519E9736739DCE3E078FD08154D4E7B4EEC01D32

Unfortunately i could not finish this one. My girlfriend gave birth to our first child last week and i cant motivate myself to spend a whole evening by the computer.
Drove the first 4 stages but then retired when the baby needed my attention :)

Hopefully i will be back for the last round in Wales.

Well that was a real nail biter for me. Struggling with wear and tear on the drive train in particular. Unable to get everything back to 100% at any of my service stops. The last 4 sprint stages that made up day 3 started with me chasing @nOc75. He had a lead over me of 20seconds.

After stage 13 that gap had narrowed to 9seconds between me and @nOc75 but I spotted that @Ole Marius Myrvold was now just 11 seconds ahead also.

Stage 14 was a good run once more. The gap to @nOc75 closed slightly to 7seconds but with only two stages to go that would be a tall order. Something must have happened to @Ole Marius Myrvold because I managed to get a gap of 19 seconds over him despite being 11 seconds behind on the previous stage.

Stage 15. The penultimate. I pushed very hard. Harder than was safe with a damaged car. Fortunately all went well and I closed the gap on @nOc75 to just 2.5seconds. This was going to run to the wire.

Stage 16. The final stage. The stage I felt least comfortable with. Should I push and risk it all. Should I hold steady and settle. The stage started ok but early on I had a scary moment. Would it be enough to pull ahead of @nOc75 ..... watch the video to find out :D

Great rally. Great organisation. A thrill to compete. Big thank you to my team mate @PresidentSmug for scoring loads of points and making practice that much more fun. I just keep bringing in a few points here and there but I am having a fabulous time along the way :D

Finished the rally 15 minutes ago.
Before the rally, i didn't think i would be any good here in germany. But i think on SS8 i even had a stage win for 4wd-. Let's wait and see. When the stage came back around in the other direction i think i did it again. My time was within 2 sec.
From what i could see top 5 was very close together after SS8. But when "nickjackPT" didn't make a mistake on the stages, he was to quick. Sometimes building the gap with 10 seconds in a stage. Me and Lumue were very close. He was in front of me within 10 seconds up to around SS10. But i finally got ahead of him, after chasing him from the start. His wet stages were very good! I had to keep pushing at the last 4 stages because Lumue was close behind me. Only 3 secs between us at the start of SS16. But i managed to finish in front of him. From what i could see, i'm in P2 4wd- atm. I actually can't believe it... Great driving everyone! Gratz

Thanks for another great rally!
Sadly because i had to get a move on, i didn't have time for more screenshots.

• Deleted member 217114

Probably finished out of the top 10 in 2WD-, cause of boredom, hehe. Wales will be awesome and then Dirt 4 comes. Yeah!

7f77546945f948560cdc26b12b99d5ccd390c2e39d2849d3423ae7608dac066a.jpg

• Deleted member 217114

Its just that Germany is so boring cause it's just throttle, brake, steer round hairpin, throttle. Rinse and repeat. The gravel and snow events are more enjoyable because I can push harder and have more fun.

If you're bored in Germany - you're doing it wrong.
LOL! Yeah - for me, every rally is a white-knuckle ride to some extent, but especially Germany where I was hoping to get another point or two. Makes things a lot more tense!
Had to work both days this weekend, so having missed out on a few practice days at the start of the week through holidays, things weren't exactly ideally set up for this rally :) However I totally suck in Wales so this really was the final points chance.
I finished less than an hour ago, and I really can't complain too much. Having messed up on SS4, I really didn't do anything else too major, just small mistakes here and there which probably ate up only a couple of seconds per stage. I was lying in P17 overall last time I looked, so still technically in with a sniff of some points!

Edit: oooh, yeah I almost forgot - I also (so far at least!) finished ahead of the 2WD brigade for a change - yay! :D

Last edited:
LOL! Yeah - for me, every rally is a white-knuckle ride to some extent, but especially Germany where I was hoping to get another point or two. Makes things a lot more tense!
Had to work both days this weekend, so having missed out on a few practice days at the start of the week through holidays, things weren't exactly ideally set up for this rally :) However I totally suck in Wales so this really was the final points chance.
I finished less than an hour ago, and I really can't complain too much. Having messed up on SS4, I really didn't do anything else too major, just small mistakes here and there which probably ate up only a couple of seconds per stage. I was lying in P17 overall last time I looked, so still technically in with a sniff of some points!
Yea I love the focus and precision needed around each and every corner in Germany in order to be quick - and appreciate the little breaks the straights give you. But definitely looking forward to Wales - nothing beats going sideways, even if I'm slow.

Last edited:
Yeah, sideways is fun - now and then I find a rhythm in Wales and really enjoy the stages, but there's just such a fine line between quick and dead... e.g. you hit a bump and then you're in the air watching your fate unfold.
On tarmac I seem to be able to be consistent and fairly quick and I just can't quite do that on the other surfaces. WTH though, I'll put in some practice so I might enjoy the rally. Once I convince myself that I'm slow enough to be well out of the points, I will at least be able to relax :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back