RDRC S8 Round 3 - Rally Greece (6th - 12th March 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
c'mon guys, you all should know better than to whine at the work the crew puts in in their FREETIME.
^^This. There's nothing wrong with having a shorter rally now and again. Whining is pointless anyway because the rally has been organised and started, so they aren't going to tack a few more stages on now just to appease the malcontents.

Personally, I'm glad. I'm even more useless in Greece than usual, and have very little time to spare this week. The shorter the better! :p

Event all done... i was maybe too careful with my driving and with that the times were kind of slow... only one crash but a heavy one... engine light and radiator immediately on... lucky it was on SS11... but a lot of time lost on the two last SS...

With the service pack bug everyone is mostly hotlapping.
Huh? Not sure what you mean. The only related "bug" I'm aware of the odd way DR offers to let you save and exit at services which don't have checkpoints. However, it still doesn't make it a checkpoint and if you later start the following stage and don't complete it you will still find yourself losing all stages since the last checkpoint... Since this rally only has one checkpoint I can't see how it favours hotlapping. Maybe you mean a bug I haven't heard about...

As Karl said above, the rules say 8-20 stages and personally I find Greece outrageously tricky so I'm sorry to say I'm a little relieved to see it's only 12 stages :p
Mind you, I'll probably still crash and burn a few times!

I am well and truly pee-d off... During SS4, I made a mistake and dropped down a cliff. Nothing out of the ordinary (for me anyway ;) ) but when I got "recovered"... The was a tree "spawned" inside my car!!! I heard loads of crashing noises and after trying to move forward and then backward again for a little while (a minute, maybe) I finally got unstuck, and my co-driver telling me I had a puncture. Pressed the repair button, car still felt horrible, pulled over, pressed the button again - with the same result... So I limped to the finish line (and angry, hot-headed me pressed on instead of seeing if i could capture what happened on the replay :mad::mad::mad: )... I completed the following 2 staging with an almost continuous co-driver going on about how the radiotor is bust, engine's down on power, you name it. I'm now at the 2nd service, dead-last in the standings with a radiator on 22%, wheels on 37%, body on 45%, and a few more like that. my best part is my blipping exhaust at 60% !!!:cry::cry::cry:

I know I'm not going to be in contention for a decent result anyway, but this is just insane... I'm going to do my best to finish the rally, but boy am I done with this... :cry::cry::cry::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I remembered to rally this time! Go me! :p

As for my performance? Well I was a mess. I blame rustiness... :confused:
On the other hand, the night stage (usually my greatest weakness) went really well for me :thumbsup:

Through good and bad, the rally reminded me of why I love doing this kind of stuff: the regular, high-speed feeling of "OH S**T!" Immediately followed by "HOW THE F**K DID I NOT CRASH JUST THERE?!" - proper heart-pumping stuff that you simply don't get on such a regular basis on closed circutis :D

On the other hand, this game can also make you wonder what you did to deserve that 15s penalty... :cry:

• Deleted member 217114

Well hope they both are all rain. Love the mud on my windshield and windows.

Since this is a "short" rally i figured i better push as hell from the beginning, gaps may not be so big between positions. Got a great feeling and first three stages went without mistakes. On stage four i cut too hard on the inside edge at a high speed right-hander, throwing the car up on two wheels and leaving me with two choices: full opposit lock and run down the spectators placed on the outside, or make a super spectacular multi-roll that would probably do some seriuos damage to my Peugeot. And since we all know what team boss @bogani thinks of wrecking cars, i chose option 1 :devilish::whistling: 15s penalty, but with a healthy car. The two remaining stages before night rest was ok, no drama.

Leg 2 continued with massive attack and great feeling up until ss 9 where i was a little too fast into a long righthand corner with mountain wall on the inside, went wide and down the ravine we go. Got help to get the car back up on the road, and could continue towards the finish. Last stage i really tried hard and think i set a good time, but we will see how fast the other guys behind are driving.

Overall i am very happy with the Greece rally, definately my best performance so far in RDRC :thumbsup:

I swear, towards the end of the 4th stage that corner (can't think of the exact area) that is listed as a "6" (but is probably more like a 4) catches me out every time.. I come flying into it, bounce off a dirt pile on the edge of the cliff, nose it into the rock wall and end up falling off the cliff.. :laugh:

Day 1 finished!!!!
rdrc_gre_01.jpg

Got a good start into the Greek Rally...
On SS1 I had a clean run without even a minor mistake, like always I started safely into a rally to get more and more confident with every stage...

rdrc_gre_02.jpg

The Lancia came nicely around those hairpins and on SS2 I set a PB and got the leading Group A car (at that time).

rdrc_gre_03.jpg

SS3 saw my confidence rising to the sky as I set the next PB, even though I'm convinced that my setup is far from good, the car got nicely around the corners while I concentrated so much...

rdrc_gre_04.jpg

The car got back to 100% by the teams' mechanics and off to SS4...where my Greek Nightmare arose even before the sunset...puncture!!!!

rdrc_gre_05.jpg

rdrc_gre_06.jpg

The puncture came at Sector 3 (of 8!!!) but I decided to not change the tyre and keep on going as the car was still driveable... Don't know why I got a puncture as I didn't hit anything and did not came offroad...
I only lost 30s to my PB, despite of the half-roll I had in Sector 5 (as far as I remember)...right decision not to change the tyre and loose 1:30min.
rdrc_gre_07.jpg

SS5 again was a blast - PB once again! Slowly I get used to the greek gravel... Every sound that sounded strange nearly broke my nerves as I was so afraid of getting a puncture once more...

As the night came the Lancia brightened up the landscape...
rdrc_gre_08.jpg
rdrc_gre_09.jpg

The brake discs started to glow as I concentrated so hard on the last stage of the day - I set another PB and my shirt got completely wet...and no, I haven't turned the heating on due to the '*§%& weather we have in Germany at the moment!
rdrc_gre_10.jpg

I'm surprised of my own performance so far as the little training sessions for Greece were all completely waste of time...

Now the mechanics have to do their job and I go off to bed...need a rest for Day 2 which I will start tomorrow afternoon...

Good luck to all the guys who are about to start :thumbsup:

Hi,

Is there any possibility to see the result of each player on a stage. In the league you only have the first stage time for everybody and after that it is cumulative. After each stage there should be two columns one with your stage time and one with your cumulative time of the rally.

Hi,

Is there any possibility to see the result of each player on a stage. In the league you only have the first stage time for everybody and after that it is cumulative. After each stage there should be two columns one with your stage time and one with your cumulative time of the rally.

In the searchable results, which Ole sets a link to some days after each rally, there are the times of each stage (can be shown for every class) on the left and the total times on the right...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back